03. For the Best

My palms were sweating as I was rubbing it against my shorts. I held onto the ticket with 'RED TOUR' written in bold letters. Everyone was laughing around me but my heart was beating really fast.

"VIP," Zach said while handing in all our tickets to the security. We were able to have a meet and greet session with him and Alex wanted to be in the back of the line. It was kind of hard because every girl wants more time with Austin. But we got the space because everyone was in love with the remaining three members of foolish4.

"We love you, we totally ship salex! Stay together forever," this fan mentioned as she was in line. No one knew who I was, I was the girl who stayed off his YouTube channel.

"Are you okay?" Robert said, patting me on my shoulders. My head starts getting dizzy and I got so nervous that my body just went numb.

"This is going to end very badly, what did you expect Robert?"

I started playing with my lanyard that hung around my neck for having a VIP ticket. As we step closer and closer, I could already hear his voice. It seems so unreal that I was going to face him for the first time in forever. I didn't even know if he noticed me from this far, we were not very far anymore. As we got closer, I started to hide behind the boys.

I heard his voice, he was shaking it up with the boys and before I knew it, "Hanna came here as well," Alex gladly pointed at me.

I slowly looked up at him, he was just smiling at me with his hands out. I didn't know if that was a good thing or not, I just shook his hands. After that, he turned back to the boys.

That was all the acknowledgment I got from him? He didn't even say the things he texted the boys and that really bothered me. I intertwined my arms to Sarah's since I wasn't going to speak aloud about this issue. He has changed and that was all I had to know.

After the loud concert, I had to admit it wasn't the worst. Taylor's songs were amazing and Austin's wasn't bad as well. I wasn't mad anymore, all the anger had come out while singing along to the songs.

After the concert, the security was told to bring us backstage where we would be able to meet the Taylor Swift and see Austin, of course. I was never the biggest fan of her but her songs really get to me. When we entered the back, I and Sarah went straight to the snacks that sat on the dresser to the right.

Not before long, Austin and Taylor entered the room. Zach approached her first since he was the one that called dips after reminding Alex that he had a girlfriend.

"Hey Taylor, the name is Zach," he casually went up to her with a rose in his hands. She started laughing and they talked on the side. It was obvious that she wasn't really interested but he's a fan and a friend of Austin's.

When Zach finally gets rejected nicely, he comes back over to us while Taylor gets her rest. We started playing small games that we always played back at Alex's house.

"Alex, truth or dare?" Sarah asked sternly.

"Baby, truth," he replied joyfully.

"Alex Ruben Constancio, did you say you were going to call dibs on Taylor? She's cute huh?"

He looked all over the room at us but we were obviously all just laughing.

"That is of course absolutely not- not wrong. Sorry baby love, she's cute but you're beautiful," he replied resulting in her smiling. Our group always felt that we are third wheeling no matter how much people we are surrounded by.

It felt like old times, me and Austin made a few eye contact but haven't said it the word.
Robert looked around the room and pointed at Austin, "truth or dare Austin?"

He looked around at all of us, "dare," he replied.

"Wrong, it's true. Is it true that you still miss Hanna after all this time you been in Miami and wished she was there with you?"

That question stopped me in my thoughts, I didn't want to know the answer. I looked over at Robert and then back to Austin.

"The answer is yes, I missed her," he paused and looked around the room one more time. Then he continued, "but I didn't want her there with me, I know she would be the only one stopping me from making music."

I looked at him in a disappointed face and he smiled at me, "I'm not wrong Hanna, our friendship ended because of you and your jealousy."

I laughed and got up towards the door but before leaving, I told him, "maybe I was jealous and selfish of your amazing career and you leaving me. I have a life here in Texas, I won't just move because you decide to sign a label in Miami."

"Right Hanna, it's always my fault. It's my fault that the only label that would sign me is in Miami, I should just give that up and stay in Texas playing the damn guitar. I'm on a stage now and you still can't be happy for me. I could never say this but now I could, you're not the right friend for me. These guys are, my real supporters who motivates me to keep going up," he said pointing to the boys.

I laughed, "I guess our friendship ended for the best."