06. School Concert

It's been months since I had any conversation with the boys or any of the girls. School has started and I didn't bother to talk to any of them. Of course, people asked and wondered why I wasn't apart of the group but I just tell them,"some people move on with their lives without each other." 

I have never spoken to Austin as well and I tried to avoid him on my newsfeed at all times. He has been dating many girls but I don't bother trying to find out because he's happy so I should find my happiness as well.

I sat at lunch with my new group of friends but we weren't as close as I was with the boys.

"Hanna, have you seen this?" Brianna asked as she tossed her phone over the table to me. I flipped her phone back to the screen and read the headlines.

"Austin Mahone is coming to his high school for a mini-concert," was written on the headlines in bold. My heart started beating and I looked up at her.

"Did they say when?" I asked nervously.

"It's today, most classes are going. Some aren't because of their grades average. What class do you have next?" She asked me as her eyes were focused on her phone still.

I didn't bother answering but I knew I was going. My next class was a college class and we were top 5 for the college classes held in my high school. I looked over at Alex and he had Austin's merch on.

Why didn't I notice earlier? I would've been able to skip school, this was what I get for not catching up.

The lunch period past by faster than I wanted to. I lazily dragged myself to my next period and sat in my seat. The teacher had her bag packed and a piece of paper. That wasn't the usual setup.

"I'll just take attendance and we'll be going downstairs to the auditorium. Don't bother taking out your binder," she said while looking down on m her laptop to mark our presence.

We followed orderly and went out of the classroom. The halls were filled with people, some walking fasters than others. I was the one person who everyone tried to get in front of because of the slow speed I was walking. It didn't matter because we had to find our teacher to see where we sat.

I didn't know how our teacher was placed first, and we were taking the first row. Alex and Robert were in the row behind me. I didn't know where the rest were but they didn't acknowledge when they sat right behind me.

"I hope he sees me," this girl said to me as she rubbed her sweaty palms against her jeans. I smiled but I was hoping for the opposite.

The lights then dimmed and Austin walked out. He was looking to the back of the room until Alex and Robert started calling out with the other people.

Austin looked over to the row behind me and made eye contact with me, instead.