10. Music Forever

"Happy birthday to you," everyone sang.

"Thank you," I shyly said and held my hands together to make my wish before blowing it out. I knew what I wanted to wish for but I wasn't going to wish for that. I just wanted a happy life and that was exactly what I wished for.

We finished our last bites of our cake and walked over to the living room for the present opening. I've gotten many things that I am very grateful for and I could be happy for. From my friends, they all collaborated money and given me a new computer as for the new year that is about to start.

"I love it, thank you!" I went to give them each individually a hug.

Austin and Camila's gift was one as well. I opened the wrapper of red polka dots and I was met to a piano. I looked at Austin.

"This is what you got me?" I asked him, trying to be polite to Camila.

"Oh yeah, I choose it out. Austin said he would let me do the choosing. I thought since you are his best friend, you must love playing music too." Camila interrupted.

I looked at it but didn't bother to even hold it for another second. I told her politely, "thank you so much for the thought but I don't play music."

I nicely pushed it away but still trying to give her a reassuring smile. Austin then turned around and got out a wrapped box, that is also in the red polka dot.

"I got you an individual gift, I thought I'd know more but Camila wanted to choose it."

He gave me the gift and I could see the angry expression on Camila's face that was forming. I looked to Sarah, wondering if I should open it or not.

"Open it," Camila rushed.

I opened it slowly and neatly, unlike the other gifts. I could see everyone getting tensed and uncomfortable. I was scared to see what was under. I knew it was nothing dangerous, I am only afraid because of what his new girlfriend would think.

The paper unwrapped to a purple velvet box. On the top, it printed happy birthday in white so it'd be more vibrant against the box. When I opened the box, I was shocked and confused.

"Austin, I really do love it."

He smiled and said, "then keep it."

I saw Camila and the boys peaking over to see what was inside of the box. I decided to show them, not trying to act like anything is suspicious. I could see that she was jealous and I started to feel guilty.

"I only got her it because I had promised her. I promised that when I finally made it, I'd get her the most beautiful ring for her birthday." Austin finishes, trying to clear the air.

But the word promise made everyone more angry, especially Alex.

"There is a lot of things you promised but didn't stick to," Alex commented. I hurried over to Alex and tried to calm him down. The drama between me and Austin shouldn't affect their relationship.

I'd feel very guilty.

"Alex, please. It's my birthday." I lightly begged.

He held on my shoulders and gave me a light hug. I could still see the horrifying eye contact Alex was throwing to Austin.

I closed the ring box and put it to the side, not knowing what to do with it. I could wear it but then it'd make Camila upset. Then the others thinking and worrying that I am still missing him very much.

After the party finally ended, everyone has went home. We didn't do much afterwards, just stayed in and relax in-front of the television.

I heard the door open, revealing my mom and sister. They were out of town to my grandma's and I couldn't make it because it was towards the end of the year which was making me extra busy.

"Happy birthday honey," my mom cheered. I thanked her and brought out the leftover cake for my sister.

"How was the party?" My mom asked.

I started to comb my sister's hair and said, "I loved it, it was very fun."

I could tell something was stressing her out. It was the way she leaned herself against the counter and the smile that she only gave when she's nervous.

"What's wrong mom?" I asked.

"Hanna, I really don't want you to be upset with the news I'm going to tell you."

I just nodded and jolted my head in a way to tell her to continue. In which she did, "I was out of town earlier this week as you know. Your grandma actually have me see someone again and I really want us to be a family again. Hanna, your dad really wants to come back into our lives."

I looked at her and laughed. My life couldn't get any worse with Austin being here with Camila. Now my long lost dad that left us finally wants to come back.

"What? Did his music career finally fail? He wants you to raise him now too?"

"Actually, his music is getting bigger. You'd be surprised to the amount of fans he has gotten. Your dad finally got signed into a label and he would really want us to move to him." The news she told continued to get worse.

"There's no way, I love Texas. He can't just come back after all these years and force us to leave." I yelled. I could feel the tears that were threatened to roll down any minute.

"This is something that would make me happy. I know I'm selfish to ask you this, he's a really good man. He just needed to find himself."

"I barley even know him and now you're telling me to move. I'm not going to leave Texas just to give him kisses and call him dad." I proceeded to yell.

Now my tears were finally visible. "I'm sorry mom." I said.

I ran back upstairs to my room and just stayed in there for the rest of the night. How lucky would it be for my sister, she never even met the man so she must be very thrilled to see him.

But I'm not. I remember how he left me and my mom. It was for music. He can stay with music forever.