09. The Bloop

"I'm happy for him," I muttered to Sarah. I got ready and put on the dress that she had picked and given to me. I wasn't the most excited to see him. But one part of me really wondered what his reaction would be when he saw me and another part really wanted to see how she was so much better than me.

Of course, both of them had a singing career and a reputation. Austin and Camila would understand each other more than I would ever be able to. I just wished this was a dream or a coming back prank.

Before I knew it, my hands were entangled with Sarah's and we were outside of Alex's house. I tried to walk comfortably and confidently but the idea of seeing him really scared me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sarah asked me.

I nodded at her and walked through that door.

The party wasn't the biggest. It was for close friends and family, even my mom was there. She went one hour earlier. It wasn't hard to notice Austin and Camila, they were the center of attention as I had expected.

I acknowledged my friends first before I was going to walk to the couple.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Robert asked me. I just nodded and smiled.

"I really wish I can be happy for them but he promised you something," Alex said. He was starting to get angry.

"Please don't talk about that ever again," I said and went towards Austin. He was now alone and just leaning against the wall looking down at his phone. I brought one of the plastic cups that were filled up with some liquid in brown towards him.

"Welcome back," I said while handing him the cup.

"Thank you, Hanna. This visit was unexpected but I just wanted to bring Camila into my small world back in YouTube," he smiled.

He genuinely looked really happy and nothing in my heart would ever wish him otherwise.

"I hope we can still be friends and forget all the bad stuff in the past. Just to start fresh."

He nodded and agreed with my statement. When I saw Camila walking towards Austin, I excused myself and went back to Sarah.

"I had no nerves to meet Camila, she's way better than me." I said jokingly but meant every word. I started to feel myself tear up and Sarah just brought me towards the bathroom.

"I really thought he'd love me, finally." I said while crying. The hour of makeup was ruined and I wasn't planning to fix it.

I took off the rest of my makeup and let myself be the bloop I was meant to be. I changed into some of Alex's clothes and I was the outcast of the night.

"What are you wearing?" My mom said angrily.

I looked at her and I couldn't stop crying. She looked at Sarah for an answer and she finally understood. My eyes were swollen and I was even embarrassed to go down those stairs to see Austin again.

But I did and I owned up to it. He saw this mess many times so I didn't even care anymore. I sat in the table across from Camila and I ate my dinner happily but sadly on the inside.