11. Hanna's Song

I sat impatiently at a restaurant called 'Silo', that was where my mom and dad loved eating while she had me in her stomach.

My mom finally brought me here, alive and grown, to meet my dad. It isn't considered meet but I couldn't remember the last time I saw him or even recognize him.

"I just want you to see the type of man he is, maybe it'll influence your mind to move." My mom said. She has been excited throughout this entire car ride and I could push down her request. I haven't seen her smile this much since forever.

Every time the bell would ring to indicate someone was walking through the door, I'd look up. I didn't know why, I wouldn't have recognized him anyways. I really wanted to see the way he looked at us, his family that he left.

My sister held onto my hands and said, "I'm very nervous to meet him."

I smiled and said, "he'll be great, eat your sandwich."

I lied, I didn't know if he'll be great. There was no image for him except for a horrible man that left his family for his own future. He never gave us a future along with him, making me grow up without a father.

"How much longer?" I asked my mom. I played with my pasta. I didn't know weather I was excited or just very angry.

"Hanna, very soon." I could sense the disappointment in her voice.

"Are you sure he's coming?" I asked and looked over to my sister. Her expression started to get very worried and I was too, feeling the same way.

The worry isn't for him, I was worried that my mom will be hurt again from the same man years later. The doorbell rang again and I looked to my mom. My fingers were crossed, I wanted to see a very happy look smeared on her face.

But again, it was disappointment. I couldn't handle seeing her upset over that man again, "mom, lets just leave."

But before she could answer, we heard "Amanda!"
Someone shouted my mom's name. I looked up and it was the man who made her smile again.

His nose was exactly like mine. It felt like yesterday that I was just in his arms but I could tell that he got much older by his tiny wrinkles.

"Is that Ivan? Oh my god, I love you so much."

A couple of girls ran towards him, asking for pictures. I never bothered to even try to check for his music, but deep inside, I felt relief that he actually got somewhere. No matter how much I hate him, there will always be a connection.

"Is this your family?", one of the girls joked. She looked at me and rolled her eyes. I was expecting anything good from his answer so I put my head down, expecting something bad from his answer.

"It is. Hanna, she is my daughter that I talked about in my podcast." He held out his hand introducing me. My heart stopped and I didn't know if I felt good or ashamed.

The same girl that rolled her eyes at me said, "is that where your song Hanna came from?"

I looked at him and I could see the hesitation.
"It is, she's my world but she doesn't know it."

Before anyone can say anything else, my sister interrupted and said, "hi daddy, I am Judith."

Everyone's faces went to confused. My heart sank and as much as I disliked him, I didn't want anyone to know his past.

"Its the way they say hello, an inside joke. Do you guys mind leaving his alone?" I said as politely as possible.

I looked to my dad and just looked away.

"I just wanted to protect mom."