Chapter Nine

'Matthew I am getting cold I don't want to stay out here' he wraps his arms around me,
'Tia anyone would think you wasn't a werewolf, the amount you moan about the cold' Lucas says as he laughs at me, I just stick my fingers up at him,
'I can't help being cold Lucas, plus I am bored out of my mind I just want to go to my room and sleep.' For two hours we have been stood at the front gates of our pack lands greeting the visiting Alphas, now we are just waiting for these last remaining two to show up. Dad said ten out of the fifteen neighbouring Alphas have agreed to come to this rogue meeting today, the other five should be arriving over the next couple of days as they have other commitments, so they can't make it yet.
'Tia we have to be here to welcome the other Alpha's and their families it's just plain rude if you isn't here. Plus you are the Alpha's daughter, it would be a great insult to them if you wasn't here and I kind of like showing you off' Matthews says while he pushes his face into my neck and kisses it. Of course he would enjoy showing me off, the Alpha's who have already arrived my Dad has introduced me as his daughter obviously and Matthew as future Beta and my chosen mate which was a bit of a surprise the first time my Dad said it, now I just think Matthew likes hearing it. Occasionally I have been sent to show the visiting Alpha's to their flats at the pack house, thats mainly because Luna Natalie has been busy showing the previous Alpha to their flats or cottage depending where they are stay, and she hasn't made it back in time for the next Alpha so instead of keeping them waiting I get sent. As we wait for the ninth Alpha to arrive, I have now lost all interest, I am too busy picking at the nail polish on my nails, then I get hit my the most wonderful scent in the whole world and I feel my stomach drop.
'Mate' I hear in my head, no no I don't want this mate now I have Matthew, I reach out and grip Matthew hard, I know that me and Matthew always have planned to reject our mates, but I kinda hope I didn't have to meet my true mate, cause deep down I know the risks, I can't lose my Matthew when we was so close to being mates, my eyes start to water. I start to plan an escape route in my head, but before I have the chance to run, the Alpha reaches my Dad.
'Aww Alpha Alex, welcome to Moon pack. I hope you had a pleasant journey' my Dad says as he shakes my mate's hand, so Alpha Alex is my mate I've never heard about him before so he must be a new Alpha.
I hear them making small talk, but I don't know how to react this whole situation, I am still playing to run, but I am frozen to the spot. Then I realise Luna Natalie isn't back from the last Alpha, I am panicking now, because I know that means I will have to lead him to his flat. I turn praying to see Luna Natalie come walking back, but she doesn't, I turn and my Dad is stood in front of me with my mate.
'My daughter Tia and her chosen mate Matthew' I notice a change in Alex eyes as he looks straight at me, he knows I am his mate. An idea enters my head, I smile at Alex as I grab Matthews face and kiss him, I honestly don't know what came over me.