Chapter Two

I finally manage to calm myself down, I lay back down on my bed, and have a deep breath in, I hate it when I have that dream, no that isn't the first time I've had that dream and it probably won't be the last time either, that day haunts me. Eleven years ago me and my brothers lost our Mum to a rogue wolf attack on the borders of our packs land. My Mum was an amazing person, she had actually no she still does in fact have a lot of respect throughout our pack, she was an amazing Luna all of the pack loved her, they looked up to her and went to her for advice no matter what is was and she always tried her best to help them. When I was younger I always wanted to be a Luna like her, until I realised she couldn't protect herself, she was brought up by my grandmother to be a Luna not a fighter. My Mum never let me fight with my brothers, I decided to go against her wishes for me, I decided to learning how to fight and train. So as soon as I was of age I started training with the pack. Then when I reached my sixteenth birthday I looked throughout our pack for my mate, sadly didn't find him so I gave up looking and focused on being the best fighter I could be, no ain't the best female fighter in the pack, but I can hold my own and put up a good fight if I was ever to be attacked. My eldest brother Lucas was destined to be the next Alpha, when our Dad dies or steps down but we all know he won't step down, and Lucas is by far the best fighter in our pack much to my annoyances and he enjoys knowing he is better than me. My other brother Daniel hasn't gotten over our Mum's death, he only takes part in training or fights if he has to, but most of the time he was in his room, I have no idea what he was doing up and to be honest I don't want to know. Since my Mum died my Dad hadn't been able to be in his wolf form, he always told us his wolf died with my Mum that day, his wolf left him to be with his mate which isn't unheard of when a mate dies. My Dad had trouble coping with us after our Mum died, he struggled with his grieve for his mate and having to bring up three young children by himself, lucky for us his beta's wife felt sorry for him and helped him out a lot with us, she was unable to have kids herself so it was a perfect situation for her to have some children to look after. She ended up having us most of the time, Dad would go out and drown his sorrows, which always ended up him bring a different women back home every night and Natalie (Beta wife) didn't want us to see that side of our father, she understand he was still grieving. Then one day Dad's beta got killed in a fight, and my Dad felt guilty after all Natalie had done for him, he decided to take Natalie on as his partner and new Luna. No she wasn't his new mate or second chance mate, you only get one mate and once that bond is make you can't break it even in death, there are such things as a choice mate but you both how to be unmated or unmarked wolves to be able to do it. As Dad and Natalie both both lost their mates, I guess it was their way of keeping each other company and Dad repaying Natalie for all what she had done for him. Since my Mum's death Dad has made a lot of major changes to the pack, like beforehand the pack territory was open land near to the forest, now my father had high walls built on edge of the forest to keep the rogues out. Guards are always on patrol on the walls, and on the main gates as that is the only way in to the pack land now. No one is allowed in or out of our pack, unless they had they correct paperwork. Wolfsbane the liquid substance which was thrown in my mother face isn't allowed in the pack lands and if you are caught with it the punishment is a night in the cells, then in the morning you are shipped out of the pack lands and not welcome back in ever. Though I have had this feeling that the guards still have wolfsbane, as their orders are to shoot any rogue dead on the spot. I am preatty sure their sliver bullets have been soaked in wolfsbane, but I never been close enough to be able to prove it.