Home Sweet Home

"why is he here?" I whispered to myself. Why didnt they call me father?. Xavier walked over to the cell with a cop in front of him unlocking the cell. He looked at me wondering what had happened to me over the past month. He expected me to run up to him and give him a hug, but instead I walked past him and ran to his car.

Xavier POV

Kyle had been gone for about a month and I didn't think she'd be that mad at me to leave us for so long. Im just glad it wasn't years. Alex was 11 years old now and was homeschooled on the computer because I didn't need people questioning why he was growing so fast. I had got a call from the police station telling me that Kyle had got arrested so I called my mom to stay with Alex until I got back and went to go get her. When I walked in Kyle's face was filled with mixed emotions. Its like she didn't know whether to cry and hug me or yell and slap me.

A cop walked over to the cell she was in and unlocked it letting her walk out. I thought she was gonna give me a hug but she didn't, she just walked past me and went to my car. I got in and started the car turning the music on to kill the awkward silence. I wanted to ask her what she had done that got her locked up but I didn't want to argue in the car and lose my temper. The whole car ride home was silent and awkward. We pulled up in the driveway and she quickly unfastened her seatbelt and speed walked to the house.

She tried to open the door but it was locked so she folded her arms and waited for me to get there so I could unlock it. I stopped for a second as the key was halfway in. "Kyle what did you do?" I asked quickly. "I don't wanna talk about it right here open the damn door!" she yelled not making eye contact with me. "got damnit Kyle why are you so fucking complicated!?" I wouldnt have yelled at her if she hadn't yelled at me. "you fucked another woman Xavier, how am I suppose to act!?" she yelled in return and then someone unlocked and opened the door.

Kyle POV

Theresa opened the door and rushed out as she greeted me and gave Xavier a kiss on the forehead telling him she had to go to work. He wiped his forehead and began to walk in the house but the childish side of me pushed him to walk in first. I threw my bag down on the couch and looked angrily at Xavier with my arms crossed."what the hell are you looking at?" he asked angrily throwing his keys on the glass coffee table. I didn't respond I just sat there angrily silent. Then a kid that looked about 10 years old or older ran down the stairs and jumped into Xavier's arms. "dad!" he screamed excitedly and they did a cute handshake.

"hey little buddy" he said with a fake smile so that the child wouldn't be worried. My eyes widened and I began to tear up. That's my fucking son, and I left him. I'm turning into my father and mother put together. smoking drinking and leaving my child behind. "isn't that the lady from the picture on your night stand dad?" he asked pointing at me. I frowned my eyebrows and turned from Alex to Xavier, then back to Alex. "what the hell is that suppose to mean?" I asked in a slight whisper. "Kyle-" I cut Xavier off putting my finger up in the air not taking my eyes off of Alex.

I walked closer to him, but not too close. "honey, I'm your mother" I said, my voice cracking. "noo....my mom has black hair" he said looking frightened. I stood up from my knees and frowned my eyes brows once again looking at Xavier who refused to make eye contact with me. "Xavier......who the hell does he think is his mother?" I asked harshly. "look Kyle it was just a misunderstanding Ok?" he said and the door began to open.

"mom!" Alex yelled jumping in the arms of the black-haired woman walking through the door. "hey baby how was your-" she stopped her sentence when she saw me. "hey.....Kyle" she said. "don't you fucking 'hey Kyle' me you bitch! that's my fucking son!" I yelled walking closer to her as she pushed Alex behind her. "that's funny because last time I checked I was the one changing his diapers, where were you?" she asked.

I slapped her across the face and pushed her on the ground punching her in the face, but she used her strength to throw me across the room turning into a werewolf. Just as she was about to leap over to me and rip my head off Xavier stopped her. "Tyler don't! take Alex upstairs to his room now!" he screamed. She transformed back into a human and carried Alex, who was absolutely terrified upstairs. "sit down" Xavier ordered point to the couch, and I did as told.

He sat beside me not making eye contact. "how could you let him think she was his mother?" I asked beginning to cry. "I had no choice Kyle. I didn't want him growing up without one and when she came over to return some of my things he started to think she was his mom, so she went along with it" he said, "but don't turn this shit on me, if you would've never fucking left for so long he would've known you were his mother". "if you would've never fucked Tyler behind my back I would've never left in the first place"I yelled.

He just sat there quietly staring at the ground. After a couple minutes of silence I began to speak. "I fucked up so much Xavier", I began crying hard "I started smoking and drinking and living with drug dealers" I placed my face in my hands and my hands in my lap. He stard rubbing small circles in my back to calm me down. I heard footsteps come downstairs and I quickly lifted my head but it was Tyler. "I'm gonna go, I'll see you later" she attempted to kiss Xavier on the cheek but he didn't let her. "not now Tyler, just go" he said.

She rolled her eyes and walked out the door. I looked at Xavier rubbing his hands together and noticed he still wore his wedding ring, and he also had on mine, which I took off and placed on the night stand before I left. I slowly grabbed his hand staring at the ring and caressing it with my thumb. I looked at him and began to cry as he embraced me in a hug. "shhh its Ok baby" he whispered in my ear placing a gentle kiss on my head. I felt a tear drop on my head. Xavier was crying.

I missed this, I missed him, I missed us. But I wasn't really sure if I could trust him again after all that happened. I just have to take everything one step at a time and regain myself because I'm not who I use to be, I turned into my parents and ever since I was young I always told myself I wouldn't be like them when I'm older yet I still did it. And now I don't have a relationship with my first child ever.

I have to change for the sake of myself and my family.

Picture is Kyle

;) muahh