The New Kyle

Kyle POV

"why did we do that?" Connor finally asked after about 4 minutes of silence. "because we were drunk" I answered. His grip tightened around my waist and he moved closer resting his chin on my shoulder. "Connor?" I called him breaking the awkward silence. "hhmm" he said rubbing on my stomach. "do you....love me?" I asked. He inhaled, then exhaled deeply. "unfortunately, yes Kyle, I do love you" he began, "ever since you left that day, I felt like I could never find anyone else like you. You're so quiet and down to earth and different from everyone else. In a good way. My mom kept telling me to move on but it was hard because I feel deeply in love with you. When I came down here to find you I got stressed and told myself she was right. That's when I fell in love with McKenzie, but I never stopped falling in love with you in the process. McKenzie was kind of my excuse to tell myself I was over you. I was sure I was ready to give up on you but I wasn't, then I found out you had a boyfriend, well....husband. Then everything turned around, but the feelings stayed" he said.

I just sat there quietly taking in all that Connor just said. I hope he wasn't planning on breaking up with McKenzie because she's such a sweet girl, I'd hate for her to be mad at me. I turned around to Connor grabbing his face and giving him a soft kiss on the lips. He opened his eyes and they became wider. "shit!" he yelled. "what? what happened?" I asked. "its 4:50, McKenzie will be home in 10 minutes" he said getting up from the bed and putting his clothes on. I got up also putting my clothes on as he picked them up from the floor and threw them at me laughing in the process. Afterwards, Connor made McKenzie a microwaved dinner and we both sat on the couch, a big gap in between us, as we waited for her to come home.

Connor POV

McKenzie soon pulled up in front of the house and when she entered Kyle and I greeted her with hugs. "babe, Kyle's gonna be staying with us for a while, her and Xavier are having problems back home" I said with my arms wrapped around her shoulder as I lead her to the kitchen. "that's totally fine, it'll be nice having a girl here for once" she said smiling at Kyle. "we can have girl time, like paint each other's nails and stuff" she laughed. "not too much girl time" I said. McKenzie sat at the table, ate her dinner, and chatted with Kyle until it was midnight. She soon fell asleep in our room and I came into the living room with covers and a pillow for Kyle, who was going to be sleeping on the couch.

"here you go" I said placing the pillow on the couch and covers in her hand. "thanks, goodnight" she said smiling. "goodnight" I said in return, but I didn't leave. Instead, I cupped her face in both my hands and kissed her as if it was the last kiss I'd ever get from her. I hope it wasn't. The kiss started to deepen until she pulled away to catch her breath. I chuckled lightly. I inhaled, then exhaled deeply, "I love you Kyle" I said, but this time, I said it clear for her to her. She hesitated to speak looking at the floor and opening her mouth but no words coming out. "its okay, you don't have to say it" I said. "no, Connor its not like that I just don't want to get into anything and ruin your relationship with McKenzie" she said holding my arm.

"its fine, you don't have to say it back, but just know, that I will always love you" I pressed my lips against her forehead, then to her lips one last time. As much as she doesn't want to admit it, Kyle does love me, she just doesn't want to get in between me and McKenzie, and I respect that.

* * *

Kyle has been here for more than a week already and we've had sex 3 times since the first time. She's told me that we should stop, but I can't help it not making love to her. I tell her that I love her every night before she goes to sleep and she still responds with a smile. It doesnt bother me as much as it should though. We were all at the dinner table playing card games because we were bored. "babe have you seen my bracelet? I left it on the drawer next to the bed but its not there" McKenzie asked me. "no, did you check in your jewelry box?" I questioned. "yeah, I'll be right back, and don't look at my cards" she said. But instead of leaving them, she took them and put them in her back pocket.