Chapter 24 Why are you mad at Me?

Lizzie's POV -

I opened the door to reveal Harry hugging his so called Bestfriend. If only he knew how much I hate her.

"G-Good Morning Sir.." I greeted hesitantly. Honestly, I wanted to leave, but my inner self told me to interrupt them, I mean I don't know about Spencer but Harry has work to do. Harry pulled away and smiled at me like nothing happened.

"Good Morning Lizzie" he said. Though I was mad at him, I won't deny that he looked absolutely stunning, as always.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted, I'll come later." I said and stepped back.

And then, as I had expected, Harry said "No, don't leave.. I mean we weren't-, I'm not busy".

"Oh okay.." I said and smiled at him. I didn't want him to know that I was indeed disturbed by their hug.

God, maybe it was just a friendly hug.., stop overreacting.

Who cares?

Me obviously.

"Lizzie?" Harry snapped me back into reality.

"Yes, sir?" I asked him. He was studying some file with a serious face.

"I asked you if you had called Jacob for his meds.." he asked and looked up at me from the file.

"I.. Yeah I did." I shuttered.

"Okay" he replied.

-------------------------------------------

Harry's POV -

When Lizzie entered and saw Spencer with me, I could feel her eyes burning into me. I wasn't doing anything wrong though, that's why I smiled at her for assurance but she didn't seem satisfied.

And, it made me a bit sad. She shouldn't be jealous of anyone, she is too perfect to be.

As soon as she left I turned to Spencer who gave me an apologetic look.

"I'm really sorry Harry, I didn't mean to.." she started but I interrupted her.

"It's not your fault Spence, it's not anybody's fault.." I replied.

-------------------------------------------

Lizzie's POV -

It was 8 p.m. and I was running late because of a patient who was talking to Harry and kept him till 3 hours.

It was a bit cold in the parking lot, as there were just two cars left, mine and Harry's. It was raining heavy outside and thunder boomed scaring me. I've never liked the sound of thunder.

"Lizzie?" Harry called behind me, with a confused look on his face.

"Yes, sir?" I asked him politely.

"I told you to leave at five, what are you doing here?" he asked me, concern all over his emerald eyes.

I was going to speak but he interrupted me saying, "I don't want any of my employees to work late without my knowledge, it's dangerous Lizzie" he said politely and took a step forward.

"It's okay Doctor, it's only 8, and I can take care of myself." I said rudely.

I was clearly still mad at him but I didn't care to hide it now, so I turned and started walking towards my car.

"Why are you mad at me?" he asked, instead of firing me due to being rude to my boss, and I stopped in my tracks. Honestly, I wanted him to ask me the same, I just hadn't expected it to be now.

"I'm not." I said and turned to face him.

"Well, why did you kiss me then?" he said and I froze.

"I..I didn't mean to.." I blurted out.

"You didn't mean to?" he repeated my words frowning, I've never seen him so sad, his eyes which were curious seconds ago, now, were dull. "Ofcourse. you're right. I'm sorry." he said and gave me smallest of his smiles.

God, did I make him sad? I could't figure out what to say Harry please don't be sad, I didn't mean to hurt you. I thought to myself.

Before I could say anything, he changed the topic saying, "It's getting late Liz, come, I'll drop you home." he offered.

"It's alright sir, I'll go in my car.." I replied.

"If you're thinking that I'm trying to kidnap you then you're wrong.." he said, he was trying to ease up the tension. Do you know how Adorable you are? "And, I'll have your car picked up by John in an hour or so, he's my mom's driver." he said.

"Okay" I replied and his eyes weren't as sad as before now.

-------------------------------------------

The drive was silent, while Harry constantly changing the love songs coming on the radio.

Though he talked to me calmly earlier, I knew he was mad at me, he had the right to be actually, since I was being so stupid.

I shouldn't have said that 'I didn't mean to', ofcourse I meant to kiss you Harry, I Love You so much, It's just that I haven't told you about it.

***************************

A/N -

Stay tuned :)