Chapter 18 I'm just tired, Louis..

Harry's POV -

I woke up at 4 a.m., unable to sleep. I realized that I and Lizzie were still on the couch and she was snuggled to my chest, while I held her so she doesn't fall.

Part of me wanted leave immediately without her notice, but... part of me wanted to stay, to hold her, to watch her while she was sleeping.

The other part won the argument because we were in a position where, if I tried to move in any way, Lizzie would simply fall on the ground, so I slowly made myself comfortable and drifted back to sleep.

-----------------------------------------

Lizzie's POV -

I woke up at 8 a.m., in Harry's arms. We were so tired yesterday that we ended up like this.

Harry's hand was on my waist and I was honestly feeling amazing, until he snuggled me closer into his chest and said "I love you" in his deep and raspy voice. 

I knew this wasn't meant for me. He was probably dreaming about some other woman that he may be seeing, he doesn't seem to be seeing anyone but seriously every woman in our clinic has a crush on him, and being the beautiful and successful guy he is, he can easily get anyone to date him.

For him, I'm just an Intern, but for me, let's just say, I wished that we could stay like this forever.

I didn't want to move and interrupt his sleep but it was 8 already and we both had to go to work.

So, I slowly tried to get out of his grip and when I had successfully removed his hand, I fell. Great.

I looked at Harry who was still sleeping peacefully and let out a sigh of relief. I kissed his forehead and went to my room to get ready. 

This was it. I had to move on, I keep falling for him more everyday, and he doesn't even know. No, I have to do something about it. Maybe ignoring him will help...

-------------------------------------------

"What's bothering you Liz?" Louis said, snapping me out of my thoughts

Today was unusual. I ignored Harry all day long. It's not like we talk very much but we do keep a check upon about what's going on in either's life. 

We're used to talk at Lunch breaks or any free time between the appointments.

But not today. I successfully avoided him, by staying in my cabin for whenever not required and having lunch with Hailee. I lied to him that she planned it, instead I did.

Whenever he smiled at me, like he usually does, I gave him the smallest of my smiles, because seriously, not even smiling back to him was breaking me.

"I'm just tired Louis.." I replied resting my head on the sofa.

"You are saying this like the 16th time, seriously, are you okay?" he asked me and held my hand in his softly. Why are you so nice?

"I'm fine Lou, nothing to worry about.." I said lightly squeezing his hand. He gave me a smile.

"You know that you can tell me anything right.." he said excitedly which made me slightly nervous.

"I know.. that's why I called you.." I said, my voice lowering at the end.

He just smiled at me and we sat in silence for a few minutes when I realized that he was staring me the whole time I was looking in my lap. 

"Hey.." he said pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear, as I turned to him.

"I'll always be there for you, Liz.." he said coming close to my face, and our foreheads touched, while he intertwined our hands. 

He looked in my eyes and then at my lips and then in my eyes again, "Can I.." he said nervously. "Can I.." he tried to say again, asking for my permission.

Wow, nervous Louis is cute.

"Yeah.." I said. 

Within seconds, his soft lips brushed against mine, and I closed my eyes. 

I'm doing this. Louis is a great guy. I'll be happy with him. I kept repeating these words in my mind when I heard my phone vibrating on the table but before my other hand reached for it, Louis crashed his lips on mine.

I froze in my place for once, but I kissed him back, I could feel him smiling through it. Slowly his hands reached my waist and mine ran through his soft hair. 

My phone was still vibrating, but we didn't care, Louis was too busy closing the gap between us as his lips traveled down to my neck and again got attached to my mouth.

Suddenly, he pulled away.

We both were breathing heavily by now, but Louis wasn't smiling anymore.

"I..I need to leave Liz.." he said. "I'm sorry I just forgot something really important" he added nervously. So, Louis isn't good at acting. 

"Yeah, okay.." I replied, wondering about his sudden change in behavior. 

"I'll call you okay" he tried to smile at me and I nodded. 

He finally kissed my forehead and left. Louis is indeed a good kisser, but all I could think of was what it would have been like if I did this with Harry?   

***************************

A/N - 

Heyyyy people....!!!

well, nervous Louis is cute, but Happy Louis is the cutest... <3

Keep reading :)