45.

"I know that there's still a few months until graduation, but I've started looking at apartments close to the university. I picked out a few that I thought were really nice and affordable." Camila stated and placed her laptop on my lap.

I bit my lip. I knew I was an asshole for lying to her about getting accepted, but I didn't want her to think less of me. I pressed my lips together and focused my eyes on the screen in front of me.

"Cool. We'll look into it together later."

The brunette exhaled and laced our fingers together, "I can't wait until this is all over. No more dumb high school drama, parents or siblings to bother us. Just you and me living our best life."

"Same." I replied. The thought was nice.

Camila grinned and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I have to go. I have an exam during fourth period, and I promised Shawn that we'd study before class." She said as she put her laptop into her bag.

I nodded, "Alright. I'll see you during lunch."

Camila planted a kiss on my lips before turning on her heel and walking off. Once she was out of sight I let out a frustrated groan. I rubbed my eyes and leaned my back against the wall behind me. I knew I was going to have to tell Camila the truth before this lie went on any further. I turned my head to the side when I heard footsteps approaching.

"Congrats on getting into university! Camila told me that you two got in!" Ally happily exclaimed.

She took a seat on the bench with a smile still on her face. I kept a blank expression on my face and let out a deep sigh. Ally furrowed her eyebrows when I didn't say anything.

"You know, for someone who just got into college you don't look so happy. What's wrong?"

I nervously bit my bottom lip. Ally continued staring at me, her smile was replaced by a concerned look.

"I didn't...actually...get into the university." I confessed in shame and looked down.

"What?" She asked in shock.

"I lied to Camila. They didn't accept me."

Sympathy flashed through my friends eyes.

"Oh Y/N, why would you lie to her?"

I glanced at the shorter girl and finally made eye contact with her. "I literally got rejected by all of the colleges I applied to. I don't want my own girlfriend thinking that I'm some dumbass that's going nowhere in life. I mean I already feel like one enough as it is. Camila's so excited about us doing all of this together and I don't want to disappoint her."

Ally frowned at my words.

"I know I'm a selfish dick. Go ahead and say it."

She remained silent. She looked like she was trying to gather her words. I looked back up when I felt her hand touch my shoulder.

"Not getting into college doesn't automatically mean you aren't going anywhere in life, there are other options. You shouldn't have lied to Camila. She loves you and I'm sure her opinion of you won't change just because of this. She's really excited because she thinks that you both got in and she's going to be crushed when she finds out that you lied to her."

I shut my eyes and rubbed the bridge of my nose, knowing that she was right. "I know. I have to tell her tonight. I just hope she isn't pissed at me."