My Assassin 2

Here's a sneak peek of what's to come. Enjoy!

"Please! I beg you! No more!" I scream at the top of my lungs

This pain is unbearable! The guy is using a surgical scalpel to cut fine lines into my skin. I have oozing cuts all over my body.

"I don't know anything else! If I did I would tell you! I swear! Please let us go!" I yell sobbing.

My wife and children are tied upstairs. I'm terrified for them. Every now and then I will hear their cries, their pleads.

I have been hanging from these chains for almost three days now. My feet are barely touching the floor and I am given nothing to eat or drink.

Sweat and blood constantly dripping from every part of my body. I'm in so much pain and they still don't understand that I don't know anything.

What else do they want from me?!

I have given them all the information I have. For my family, I am an open book. Not to mention the fact that they have us trapped in our own home.

This crazy man comes into my basement every night to question me. When I don't give him what he wants, he tortures me.

He is cleaning the scalpel with a towel.

"Come now, Jose! That's not true. You were Maxwell's inside man. You were the one that tipped him off about Ryder and Sam's affair and his trip to Naples. You told him that Ryder was looking for him when he went missing, suspecting that he was the one that put the hit out on Samantha Hallowell," he says menacingly as he circles me.

"You don't expect me to believe you don't know anything else, do you?" The guy stops in front of me twisting the scalpel in his hands, a creepy look on his face.

"Please," I whisper. "I was just in just charge of proof of life. I'd cut up people and send them to the payees. Take me off of these chains!"

The man crosses his arms in front of me, not believing a word I have just said.

"Give me some water! Let my family go. I may be able to think of something that may help you. I can't even feel my arms or legs anymore." I sobbed again, quietly, and putting my head down. "Let my babies go."

"Awww," comes another voice from the other side of the room.

It's her.

She steps out of the shadows and makes her way towards us. The woman always lingered in the background.

She has black hair with green eyes. Her skin is tan and she always scowls.

Beautiful but dangerous.

I know she is worse than the guy with the scalpel. She never inflicts physical pain onto me but I know who is in charge. He does what she tells him to do, happily. I am terrified of them both, her more so.

"I think he deserves water. Get him some, please," she says looking to her accomplice. He smiles as he walks by her and up the stairs to the kitchen.

"Jose, let me be honest with you. It's not looking too good for you, honey," she says with a look of remorse.

My heart stops. "But I've told you everything!"

"Yes, but it's of no use to us. We need to know where he's moved. You have worked for Ryder for so many years. Do you mean to tell me you have no contacts in that house? Someone you could call and persuade to give you the new address?"

The woman paces back and forth. The sound of her heels are menacing. She begins walking towards me with a smile on her face. Something I have never seen before.

"Here's the water," the guy says coming back down. He hands her a bottle of water.

"So!" She opens the bottle and takes a sip. "Nothing else? Not even a guess?"

"If you could get to someone who works for Ryder, someone who is with him now, you'd be able to find them. Please, it's all I know. I swear to you both! I know nothing else. Let us go!" I plead as I look from him to her.

That is the honest truth!

The guy exhales annoyingly, crossing his arms around his chest. The woman put her finger up, quickly, silencing him.

"Yes, that is actually Plan B. But alas, all good things must come to an end. You did well, Jose! Thank you. As for your reward, it'll be some water and I'll have Ari cut you down, okay?"

I sigh in relief. "Thank you, " I cry out.

"Here," she says as she puts the bottle of water to my lips. "Let me help you with that."

The Woman's Point-of-View

Jose did well.

He is able to provide me with some information. Not exactly what I need, but something is better than nothing.

As he guzzles the cool, refreshing water, I smile at him. He closes his eyes as he drinks.

"Feeling better?" I ask him as I remove the bottle from his lips, wiping water off his chin with my finger.

"Yes, thank-" He chokes and looks at me alarmed.

"Whoops," I say taking the bottle away.

I accidentally slit his throat with the scalpel. Ari laughs behind me.

Jose starts to make gurgling noises. Crimson, liquid oozes from his neck and onto the floor. I back away as the pool of blood gets bigger. Ari walks closer and put his face near Jose's.

He always loves to stare into a person's eyes right before death comes to collect.

Poetic actually.

"Beautiful, isn't it? I'm always moved to paint the look of terror right before the person dies." Ari then sighs. "Too bad I can't draw." He rolls his eyes and backs away.

I turn to Ari. "You're so demented! That's why you should never have kids," I tell him.

He scoffs as he continues to stare at Jose's convulsing body.

I put the scalpel on the table and put my hands on my hips, annoyance filling me.

"So that was a waste of time," I sigh. "At least we are pointed in the right direction. Call you know who. Let him know we will be catching up with Ryder very soon. As promised, we're going destroy everything he's ever worked for. Everything he's ever loved. Starting with that fiancé of his. Little Miss Samantha Hallowell."

I look over at poor Jose. He is drawing the last of his breathes, as the blood continues to flow out of him. Ari looks at me as he leans against the wall.

"Cut him down, Ari. Burn the place down when you're done," I say as I begin to walk away.

"What about his family?"

I am looking towards the stairs. "What about them?" I scoff. "Burn them with the house, " I say as I continue up the stairs.

"Of course, sister."

The End

Book 2 available now! -JLG