Chapter 41

Opening my eyes, I notice the guard standing in front of Mr. Hallowell, is now on the floor.

A bullet through his head.

Mr. Hallowell is touching his chest and we both look the direction the bullet came from.

LeAnn?!

She's in an office, located on the third floor, holding a gun out of the window.

The man looks up at LeAnn confused and then grins. She looks down at him, then aims the semi-automatic, and begins to shoot at him!

The man grabbed the closest guard and uses his body as a shield as he runs to the stairs! The guard groans as he becomes riddled with bullets.

Once the Man reaches the staircase he throws the guard's lifeless body to the ground, making his way up to LeAnn.

She begins to shoot the rest of the guards. When she sees more guards coming in from the back door, she aims her gun at a big oil tank and shoots!

It causes a huge explosion taking them all out!

The explosion is so big it also knocks the Hallowells and me to the ground.

The entire back of the warehouse fills with smoke and fire instantaneously. LeAnn then sees the Man running up the stairs, onto the third floor, and she disappears into the office.

Mr. Hallowell sits up and crawls to his wife. Her chair is on its side and she's quietly crying and as she pulls against the ropes.

He begins untying her. A guard comes up from behind him, grabs him, and punches him in the face. Mrs. Hallowell screams, still trying to pull at the ropes.

"Hey!" A familiar voice yells behind the guard. He turns.

It's Sam!

She uses the butt of the gun and hits the guard on the head.

He falls.

Panting, she then walks around and kicks him in the head, knocking him out!

Sam hesitates when she sees me.

She runs over to me, untying my arms and legs. "You said you would save my parents. It seems like I have to save everyone," Sam says smiling at me. Her smile fades when she notices how hurt I am.

I struggle to get up. She then wraps her arms around me, helping me to stand. Once I am on my two feet, I kiss her.

"Yeah? Well, you're late," I say coughing and wincing.

She gives me a sympathetic smile. "Yeah well...you fight for me, I fight for you."

Sam lets me go and turns to her parents. Her words slowly register in my head.

Does she mean that?

I looked at her like I am seeing her for the first time. Again.

The three of them wrap themselves in each other, giving each other kisses.

Samantha is definitely worth this and more. I love her and will dedicate the rest of my life to showing her I do.