Chapter 15

"I'm sure I look ridiculous!"

We land in Naples and our chauffeur boards the plane with the things Ryder requested.

"You look beautiful." Ryder puts the lipstick in my grasp and then hands me a pair of black, Gucci sunglasses.

I make my way to the bathroom and take a look at the wig on my head. Surprisingly, it actually looks pretty good! Natural almost. Blonde sort of suits me.

How Ryder is able to put the wig on me and know what to do, is beyond me.

I read the lipstick top. Chanel rouge coco. The shade is Ina. It's a gorgeous, hot pink color. One I'm sure my mom owns. Not my style though. I put it on carefully and pucker my lips.

I put the sunglasses on and run my hand through my wig, examining myself in the mirror. Not bad, I think to myself.

Scary how I look like a completely different person!

I walk out of the bathroom and into an empty cabin. Where did everyone go?

I look out of the window and see that the flight Attendant, another woman, and the chauffeur are loading tons of bags from one SUV to another.

I slowly exit the plane and walk down the stairs. It's a beautiful, windy day.

Ryder is talking to the unknown woman and does a double take when he sees me.

I assume that the woman he is talking to is Missy. She's Indian with dark skin and almost as tall as Ryder. She looks very intimidating.

He smiles at me and waves for me to come to him.

"...good, once we're settled in, I'll contact you. We'll meet at the hotel and go over some things."

Missy nods at Ryder and without a word, walks to one of the SUVs, driving off.

Ryder puts his arms around me and pulls me towards him. "You look beautiful." He kisses the side of my head.

I blush and look down.

"I have clothes for you, Sam," Ryder then says walking me to the truck.

Oh?

"Is that what they were loading into the truck? All those clothes? For me?"

"Yeah! I don't know what you like. I've seen the things you wear but still, I had Missy grab as much as she could. Everything you wear now was picked by Freddie."

"Babe, I don't need so much. We are here for a week. Ten bags are excessive. Don't you think?"

His smile fades. "I know. I also bought you some other stuff and everything from the house. I meant what I said. I want you to go back home when we leave here. You need to be with your loved ones. We're going straight to California once I finish here."

I look around in confusion and annoyance. Did he not want me around?! Did I not tell him I didn't want to go back yet?!

"Yes but that's not your decision to make!"

"It is! I'm returning you to your family," Ryder says slowly. He also gives me a look to show his words are final.

My heart sinks.

I ignore him the entire ride to the hotel. After the conversation we just had, he should've just taken me home right then and there. Not waste any time here in Naples.

Ryder turns to me and asks me something but I pay him no attention. I am starting to fall for my would-be assassin and he is ready to dump me back to my parents. Back to my old life! One that will never be the same again.