Chapter 1

"All the money in the world and you still work here, selling flowers! I just don't understand you, Samantha! You should be out shopping and traveling the world! Instead, you insist on working like some poor person. And you are five miles away from Rodeo drive! You are lucky for that because no one would shop here."

Rebecca Hallowell turns in disgust, looking around my shop. She hates this place. How can she ever understand? Rebecca is married to a billionaire, her parents were also wealthy.

She never had to work a day in her life.

This small shop was given to me by my grandparents and it is something I will never part with. This was their favorite place on earth after my grandfather retired. I sigh happily as I look around.

The shop has a fairly large with four long aisles. Plants and flowers cover almost every inch of this place.

The ceiling is made of a bunch of skylights. With the press of one button, all the windows will open automatically.

One also has to be very careful where they step. Some days you will be standing on puddles of water. Other days its dirt. I don't mind it thought. Every ounce of this place brings me joy.

The hand painted walls were done by an Italian painter. A name I can't remember.

The entire store is covered in images of the sun and waterfalls. The beautiful gray and brown cliffs meeting the water. It kind of reminds me of Niagara Falls on a beautiful, sunny day. They do look mesmerizing. I can stare at it for hours.

Grandpa and Grandma would always bring me here when I was younger. I got to help out all of the time. It then became my favorite place.

Yes, I don't need the money, but my life is this flower shop.

The Hallowell Flower Shop.

My grandpa gifted this place to my grandma so she could have something to do, while he managed his business. He never planned on falling in love with the shop also.

Unfortunately, the woman hounding me is their only daughter, my mother.

Mom tucks her hair behind her ear as she follows me around the floor, careful not to touch or stand in anything dirty.

She is of average height, like me, and has an hourglass figure. Boy does she love her waist shaper. Mom is also a brunette, like me, and breathtakingly beautiful. Her eyes are green where I have Daddy's gray eyes.

"Mom, please stop! A lot of these people were Grandpa and Grandma's customers. I do love the finer things in life, trust me! However, this is my zen. Grandpa told me they would give me this shop before they left us, and I promised to always take care of it. You should be proud that your only child isn't an annoying, materialistic brat, who only comes to you when I need money." I turn away from her, rolling my eyes, grabbing an empty pot from the aisle.

"Fine," Mom says looking at the floor disgusted. She's wearing her favorite two thousand dollar heels and there's a small dirt pile in front of her. She steps around it, cursing underneath her breath.

"Listen, Sam! Daddy could give you a nice office job. You know he's always wanted to make you C.O.O. of the company. Instead, you want to play in the dirt." Mom shifts uncomfortably, looking around.

"You are twenty-seven years old, darling! On top of this mess, you are living in a tiny, three bedroom home and driving that god awful truck. I get anxiety thinking about it."

Mom suddenly waves her arms like a maniac when a butterfly flies by her. I laugh and nod at how dramatic she is.

Suddenly a customer, holding a bag of fertilizer, walks by mom and transfers some dirt onto her red dress. Mom's arms shoot straight up, a grimacing look spreads throughout her face. The woman stops and apologizes. She then continues to walk to the counter, all while Mom shoots darts at her with her eyes.