Chapter 39

Check out this aesthetic that was created for me above

Check out this aesthetic that was created for me above. Also, this chapter is dedicated to my wattPad friend tuillaxoh. Not only is she sweet, but she also VERY creative. She made this for me. Click on her name if you need book covers or anesthetic created.

As he throws LeAnn's body into the pool, I take the opportunity and run towards the front door. I am trying so hard not to sob! I muffle my cries with my hands while grabbing the car keys and LeAnn's phone.

I drop the keys and quickly pick them back up, not bothering to turn around and see if the man hears me.

As I am running out of the home, Sergio is coming inside, which startles me! I point the gun and shoot him in the stomach!

Bang!

"Oh my God!" I yell as I reach for him. He puts his hand on his stomach and examines the blood on it, a look of terror on his face.

"I'm so sorry," I cry! "It was a mistake! I didn't see you! I thought you were-!"

He staggers and drops a huge bag. Stacks of euros pour onto the ground. I look at the bag and then back at him in confusion.

Sergio falls to the ground immediately afterward and tries to reach for me.

What is he doing with all that money? Wait a minute!

He must've told the man we were here! He is the reason LeAnn was just killed!

I wipe my tears and look around. Did no one hear all that noise?! The hail of bullets? The fight?

I turn and leave him there, taking his last breaths.

I begin to run down the mountainside. Not once did I look back. I can't stop sobbing! That maniac had just killed LeAnn! What makes this situation worse is that the man said he had Ryder.

I don't know if he or my parents are alive or dead!

I see a group of teenagers walking up towards me. I wipe my tears and tuck the gun into my pants. I slow to a jog. They never look over at me.

Once I pass them, I push even harder to hurry and get to the parking lot. I don't want to risk the man grabbing me.

A couple of minutes later, I make it to the truck. I jump in and look around, making sure no one will surprise me once I drive off.