Chapter 4

Ryan Guzman as Ryder Forñay

I wake up dazed and confused. My head hurts so much! I try rolling over in the bed but I must have forgotten to untuck my sheets. I groan in pain.

How much did I have to drink last night? This splitting headache of mine will probably last all day, which instantly gets me in a bad mood. I exhale deeply as I try to look around but can't. The light entering my bedroom is blinding.

Why does it feel like I have a hangover when I don't even remember drinking.

At all.

I don't even remember getting home. Max probably brought me back.

It is then that I smell breakfast.

Eggs and bacon!

I will not be able to eat with this splitting headache though. I have to get to my medicine cabinet in the bathroom.

Wait, what time was it?!

I try opening my eyes again but my eyes are still sensitive. I close them and rub them, opening them again.

Everything looks hazy but I try to sit up. This damn black comforter has me pinned between the mattress.

I sigh deeply as I look toward the right. I reach for the television remote but notice my nightstand is gone. This isn't right! I look at the wall beside my bed and notice there's a door. Where did that door come from? I look down at the comforter and realize I didn't own one in this color.

Wait a minute! I pull the comforter off of me with all my strength.

This isn't my bed!

I manage to get free, from the comforter, when I notice I'm still in my black gown. I get on my knees, turn, and look towards the window. I squint at the blinding sunlight that now burns my eyes. I immediately throw my hand up to my face.

Where am I?!

I suddenly hear a gun being cocked near the foot of the bed.

Slowly turning towards the noise, I instantly remember being stabbed with something and the creepy guy saying he was going to kill me. That same guy was now sitting on a chair on the other side of the room, looking right at me!

I struggle to jump out of bed. My heart is in my throat. Where am I?! What does he want?!

Once I'm off the bed, I look down at myself. The only thing that hurts is my head.

Does that mean I wasn't raped?

I freeze and slowly look up at him. This has to be about one thing.

"If you want money, I will give it all to you. Please, just let me go." Tears begin pooling in my eyes. I look around the room for the nearest exit.

The man looks away from me. He just sits silently.

"What do you want? Tell me, please!" My words come out shaky. "I want to go home." I want to scream but after what he told me last night, it's best if I don't.

"I don't want your money," the stranger says as he stares at his gun. Tears spill and roll down my cheeks. If he isn't after money, what does he want from me?

The man looks disheveled. Like he didn't get any sleep at all. Had he been there all night, watching me sleep? I start to feel sick to my stomach.

It is then that I get a real good look at him. He has dark, brown hair with his beard and mustache to match. His eyes are green with the pinkest lips. I remembered him towering over me last night, so he has to be about six foot four.

My AssassinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara