Chapter 16

I lean against the red, iron balcony which is covered in rope hoya leaves. I'm admiring the view Naples has to offer when a soft wind blows around me, slightly giving movement to the leaves and my hair. I haven't felt this type of relaxation in weeks.

The hotel is almost half a mile away from the Aegean sea. Crystal, blue water that looks so inviting, so pure. Just beyond that stands Mount Vesuvius.

Ryder's inside going over some things with Missy.

Every time I walk by them, they'll stop talking or change the conversation. I had enough of that so I decide to leave the room. I already feel like I don't belong. They are just adding insult to injury.

Standing out on the balcony is fine. I don't want to be anywhere near him after what he told me. And he doesn't need to see me sulking.

I fell for a prick that wished he could've killed me the second he laid eyes on me.

Only to make himself feel better. Horrible, right?

I am enjoying the view of the street when my eyes fall on a small flower shop. It is down the road, sitting on a corner. I instantly get into a better mood.

How I miss my flower shop.

Nothing better than a calming environment that always smells heavenly.

I wonder if Ryder will mind me taking a stroll?

I walk back into the living room. Ryder and Missy are sitting at the dining room table.

"All right, so I'll need these things." He is about to hand her a piece of paper when she motions to him that I am approaching.

He turns towards me. "Hey, is it time to eat? Are you hungry?" Ryder asks standing from his chair and walking towards me. He grabs my hand.

I look at him confused. God this man is hot and cold!

"No. Is it okay if I go down the street? I'd like to buy some flowers," I say pointing behind me towards the balcony.

Ryder's brows furrow. "I'd rather you not leave my side."

I give him a hearty laugh. "Why? Is someone going to kidnap me? Again?"

Ryder looks as if my words hurt him. I don't care not one bit. I look away as he walks onto the balcony. He looks out for, what I assume, is the flower shop. He comes back in and nods, sighing sadly and taking a seat on the couch.

I quickly and excitedly grab my wig, lipstick, sunglasses and go to the bathroom. I leave him sitting there quietly, hopefully drowning in his own thoughts.

While fixing my disguise, I hear Missy speak. "Sir, shall we continue?"

"No!" He yells back at her.

Once I walk out of the bathroom, he ushers me, walking out of the suite with me.

"Where are you going?" I stop him from closing the door.

"With you."

I am taken aback. "No, you're not! I want to go by myself. And you are very busy there. Being secretive and all." I point towards the door.

"That doesn't matter to me at the moment."

This man is full of jokes. "Oh, so all of a sudden I matter?" I scoff as I cross my arm. "No, I don't want your company, Ryder! What I do want, is some money. Just in case I see something I want." I put my hand out.

I am definitely acting bratty but I deserve some time to myself.

I've never even asked anyone for any money, in my life.