Chapter 19

I wake the next day up with the sun shining into the library. I stretch and look up to the ceiling.

Another fun-filled day of eating and roaming the halls.

I sit up, looking out of the window. The weather is definitely perfect. A light breeze makes the top of the trees sway. It's been like this for a week now. Every morning I've waken up in the library to a perfect day.

Maybe I can go for a walk? I've been here for two months and I have never walked the property.

Exercising will do me some good!

I swing my legs off the couch, to stand, and hear a YELP! I immediately bring my legs to my chest, looking to the floor.

I stepped on Ryder!

What the hell?!

Why is he sleeping on the floor next to me?

"That was my head, you know?" He asks scratching the side of his head. I didn't do it on purpose and I don't care! He actually deserves it!

"Why are you sleeping on the floor?" I ask puzzled.

Ryder stands and stretches, grabbing his pillow and throwing it on the chair. He then sits next to me.

"I couldn't sleep. To tell you the truth, I've been sleeping here for the past couple of nights. I just get up and leave before you wake up."

He puts his head down then reaches down to grab his sheets.

His words infuriate me. "So I only get any type of interaction between us when it's convenient for you?! You've been ignoring me or down my throat all week, but it's fine to lay near me?! How is that fair?!"

I cross my arms over my chest and sit back.

Ryder looks to the door and then back down. Sadness spreading through his features.

"It's not and I'm sorry. For everything I said." He exhales and turns to me. "I want to make it up to you! Can we spend the day together?"

I laugh. Is he serious right now? Does he really think I'll jump at any opportunity to be near him?
This entire week he's kept me at arm's length and now he wants to hang out with me?

Ryder gets on one knee in front of me, grabbing my hands. "Please? Don't you want to be a normal couple? For once?" He grins.

I sigh. Of course I want to scream no, for him to get away from me! That's my brain talking. My heart on the other hand? Wants something completely different.

"Fine," I say to him. I know I'm being stupid but what can I do? Say no and ignore him for another week? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ryder stands and pulls me towards him. He suddenly lifts me into the air. I begin laughing like an idiot. He brings me down slowly as his smile turns serious. I wrap my arms around his neck and we kiss.

He puts me down and I look up at him. Ryder then grabs my chin.

"I'm sorry, baby," he says exhaling deeply. "So much has been going on and I didn't want you anywhere near my problems. I also didn't mean to take it out on you."

I nod. "I get it. You're trying to make sure no one comes after us like that again."

He nods, pulling me into an embrace.

"So where are we going?" I ask trying to play it cool but inside I am doing flips. This is all I want. To enjoy each other's company.