Chapter 5

Zachary Quinto as Freddie Nuñez

I cry myself to sleep when I am awaken by the sound of the door unlocking. My heart begins to race as I look toward the window and see complete darkness.

"Come down for dinner!" My kidnapper yells. He does not come in or anything. He only shouts and walks off.

The door is left wide open and I hear his footsteps as he walks away. I am terrified to leave the bedroom. Why on earth does he think I'll follow him?

Then again I am hungry.

Maybe I should just go downstairs. This will be my opportunity to check for an escape also. If not for today, then for tomorrow.

I slowly make my way into the hallway, peeking around the corner. I am so scared that he will be standing there. I breathe a sigh of relief when I look to my left and right. He's nowhere to be seen.

I look around as I cautiously begin to walk down the hallway. Black, marble flooring and white walls. This place looks and feels like a museum.

Cold and empty.

I have no clue where I'm going either. I just keep walking until I find the staircase. It is actually a double staircase and Freddie is at the bottom.

"Come on, slowpoke! Food's getting cold!" Freddie yells happily. His voice causes an echo all around me. He turns, walks between the staircases, and disappears towards the back.

I walk carefully down the stairs. Once I get to the bottom, I hear Freddie and know I have to make a left when I get close to the arch.

I cautiously walk into the dining room and look around. It's as cold as the other parts of the house. However, this room only contains black marble and glass, which is everywhere.

A parent's worst nightmare.

"Come on, sit down," Freddie says as he smiles warmly. He pulls out a chair for me and waits patiently for me to sit. It's on the other side of the table.

Away from theanimal, who is already sitting, which brings me no comfort at all.

I sit carefully. The whole time the monster is watching me. Freddie bends over and uncovers my plate.

Steak, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.

"Enjoy!" Freddie beams at us both and walks out of the room. I follow him, with my eyes, and see that he exits into the kitchen through a swinging door.

I have to remember that.

I look back at my ungracious host and close my eyes. I am so terrified to be alone with this guy and I'm honestly scared to make any type of movement. He will prance on me and kill me.

"Eat!" He barks from across the table, causing me to jump.

"I'm not hungry," I lie. The food looks and smells delicious. It makes my stomach yearn for what sits right in front of me.

We both stare at each other for a couple of seconds. He loves having this power over me. What kind of sick individual preys on a defenseless woman?

A coward, I think to myself.

I break eye contact and look down at my plate. His calm demeanor freaks me out.

My kidnapper shrugs his shoulder. "Suit yourself." He takes his fork and knife, cutting into the steak.

I start to get angry. Why am I sitting at dinner with him anyway? Isn't he going to kill me? I want to be anywhere else, away from here.

"Why am I here?" I ask agitatedly.