Chapter 20

"Samantha, you are grounded! How many times must I tell you to stay out of my things?! Look at my closet! Lord, help me with patience! This child of mine is going to steer me into the loony bin!"

Mom is livid! She throws her hands in the air, in annoyance, while sucking her teeth. She starts picking up her expensive clothes and shoes from the floor.

She looks at me, appalled, when she bends over and sees I had being playing in her makeup also.

"Do you know how expensive...wait, why the hell am I picking this up?! Sharon!! Please clean this mess up!"

Sharon, the maid, walks into Mom's closet and starts picking up the mess I have made.

"I'm so disappointed in you, Sammy! And you ruined the dress that Hilary Clinton got you for your birthday!"

I look down at my new, white dress. Mommy is right! I got makeup on it.

"I am going to get Daddy and tell him what you just did to my things!" She turns and storms off, walking rather quickly.

I have a smile on my face as I begin to help Sharon clean the closet.

Daddy never punishes me.

Mommy always threatens me with him, knowing he won't do anything.

"Samantha, come here," Sharon whispers, making sure Mommy can't hear her.

Sharon is the head maid in the house. She's extremely tall and fair skin. Besides Mommy and Grandma, Sharon is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

I get away with murder around her!

She always lets me play in Mommy's things and when it's time for bed, she will always sneaks a treat for me. I always find it under my pillow.

I think she does it because she doesn't like Mommy. All the maids don't.

I don't care because I love them all! And they love me!

I put my arms up so Sharon can pick me up.

"Sam, why did you make this mess?!" Sharon continues to whisper. I can tell she's upset with me.

"Why couldn't you wait until she left? We always play 'Princess.' We have our fun, but what is the most important rule about playing our games?"

I take her face in my hands, feeling bad. "We have to put everything back where it belongs." I trace her eyebrows with my pinky.

She sighs and nudges me on the nose. "All right, next time you wait for me or Nancy, okay? We don't like to see you get into trouble."

I smile, covering my mouth so Sharon doesn't see it.

"You spoiled, little angel," Sharon says smiling.

I nod and she puts me down. She kisses the top of my head as she continues to clean the closet.

"Sammy, come here!" Mom shouts from the hallway. I walk out of the closet and head to her, with my head down.

She grabs my hand, roughly, and walks me to my room.

"You know I don't like doing this, but you have to learn! It's not nice to play with Mommy's thing, and Daddy always defends you! I don't want to raise someone that doesn't have any discipline. Grandpa and Grandma will surely hear about this! Go sit on your bed and think about what you've done!"