Chapter 17

The giant man with the mohawk pulls the trigger again. Ryder yells my name, pushing me back into the door with all his might! It causes us both to fall into the suite. Ryder lands on me, causing my head to hit the floor.

Hard!

I groan in pain as I grab the back of my head. A massive headache erupts. I can't even get my bearings.

Looking towards Ryder, everything looks hazy but I can see his silhouette. His back is against the door as he starts to fire both guns down the hallway.

I then see him holster one of his guns and pulls something from his pocket, all while bullets are still coming at him. It must've been his phone because he puts it to his ear.

"I've been made! Get the plane ready! Tell Charlie to be in position! Special package coming down! Fire escape! Straight to the airport!"

My vision starts to clear as I rub the back of my head. Ryder hangs up the phone as the sounds of more bullets flying by erupts. Some hit the door frame causing Ryder to duck. He starts to shoot into the hallway again.

"Samantha, baby, get up! I need you to get my black suitcase! Please, get up!" He shouts, never wavering from shooting.

I know I have to get up, but I am in so much pain! I slowly turn to my side and get on my knees. Ryder's going to run out of bullets soon and the other guy will have a chance to come in and kill us.

I stand, still holding my head and rush to the table. I am still a little woozy but I can hear the bullets and Ryder grunting loudly.

The sound of bullets hitting the wooden door frame and marble floors is the scariest sound I had ever heard!

I grab the case and crawl back to Ryder.

"Listen to me!" He yells. "You have to shoot at him while I get my weapons out! Don't stick your head out!" A bullet hits our door, making Ryder duck.

"Do you understand me?! Pull the trigger three times! Then pause! Do it again three times then pause! Okay?!

I begin to shake. I have never been in a gunfight. What if I am shot?! I sit there frozen.

Ryder ducks and I scream, covering my ears, when more bullets come flying at him. He fires at the shooter again.

"I'm going to hand you another gun! This one will run out of bullets soon! Keep shooting!" He yells.

I am completely terrified! I rip my wig off.

While handing me the gun, another set of bullets hit the frame of the door. I hesitantly crawl as Ryder and I switch places, my back against the door. I inhale, duck, and scream as more bullets flew by. Ryder grabs the suitcase and opens it.

I look down at my hands. They are trembling! I have to calm myself down. Ryder trusts me to protect us. I can't let him down. My life literally depends on it!

Inhaling, I stick my hand out into the hallway and begin to shoot. I just kept shooting!

Another set of bullets hits the door frame causing a chunk of wood to fall off.