Chapter 5: Big Hero 6

Start from the beginning

"What do you think it is, genius?" Lance asked. 

"I'm not sure. But look. Pidge," Keith said as they walked into the control room and looked at eh camera's footage. It was Lotor. They hit play.

"We were asked to do the impossible. That's what we did. We've reinvented the very concept of transportation. Friends, I present project silent sparrow," Lotor said walking a group in front of the machines. "General, may I?" Lotor said. The general gave Lotor his hat and he threw it and it came out the other machine and back.

"Magic hat!"

"Teleportation. The transport of matter instantaneously through space. Not science fiction anymore. Now, we didn't spend billions of tax dollars to teleport hats. Ladies and gentlemen, you're here to witness history. Ready to go for a ride, Romelle?" Lotor said. 

"We've invited all these people. Might as well give 'em a show," Romelle said as she was strapped into a pod.

"T-minus 30 seconds to launch.-29... 28...Capsule's in position.-27..."

"Sir, we've picked up a slight irregularity in the magnetic containment field,"

"Mr. Lotor, is there a problem?"

"No. No problem. It's well within the parameters. Let's move forward,"

"3... 2... 1...Cabin pressure is gone. Pod engaged. Field breach! Abort! We've lost all contact with the pod. Oh, no.-It's breaking up! The pilot is gone. Portal two is down. The magnetic containment field's down!

"Lotor shut it down now! I want this island sealed off!" Then the tape ended.

"The government shut down Lotor's experiment. And he's using your microbots to steal his machine back. Lotor is the guy in the mask," Lance said. They looked out at the machines to see the man about to throw something at them.

"Oh, no. Voltron, get us out of here," Hunk said.

"Get the transmitter. Behind his mask," Pidge said as the got into the machine room and started to attack. 

"All right, what's the plan?" Hunk asked.

"It's Lance time. Super jump! Gravity crush! Falling hard," Lance narrated as he attacked and missed.

"Seriously, what is the plan?" Hunk

"Get the mask," Keith said as he ran towards the man.

"Right behind you," Pidge said.

"For real, what is the plan?"

"Hey! Hey! Do you want to dance, masked man? Hand over the mask, or you'll get a taste of this! And a little bit of that! Hey!" Lance said as he waved his gun around, not seeing his feet being tied up. Then Pidge hit the guys mask off.

 "It's over, Lotor.Pro... Professor Alfor?The explosion...You died," Pidge said.

"No. I had your microbots," 

"But, Shiro. You just let him die," 

"Give me the mask, Pidge,"

"He went in there to save you!"

"That was his mistake!"

"Voltron, destroy,"

"My programming prevents me from injuring a human being," Voltron said.

"Not anymore," Pidge said, taking the health care chip out.

"Hiro, this is not what..." Keith started to say.

"Do it, Voltron! Destroy him!" Pidge said the other tried their best to stop Voltron.

"No! Stop, Voltron! No, stop!" Hunk said. 

"He's getting away! Voltron!" Pidge said. She looked back to see the other thrown about and Keith with his hand still on the card input area of Voltron's chest. 

"My healthcare protocol has been violated. I regret any distress I may have caused,"

"How could you do that? I had him!" Pidge yelled at Keith 

"What you just did, we never signed up for. We said we'd catch the guy. That's it," Keith shouted back. 

"I never should have let you help me! Voltron, find Callaghan!" Pidge said. 

"My enhanced scanner has been damaged,"

 "Wings," Pidge said climbing onto Voltron's back.

"Pidge, this isn't part of the plan," Keith said.

"Fly!"

"Pidge!" Keith yelled. Pidge landed in her studio and began to repair the sensor.

"Your blood pressure is elevated. You appear to be distressed,"

"I'm fine! There. Is it working?" Pidge said angrily.

"My sensor is operational,"

"Good. Then let's get...What?" Pidge said, trying to access the programming.

"Are you going to remove my healthcare chip?" 

"Yes. Open!"

"My purpose is to heal the sick and injured,

"Voltron, open your access port,"

"Do you want me to terminate Professor Alfor?" 

"Just open!"

"Will terminating Professor Alfor improve your emotional state?"

"Yes! No! I don't know! Open your access!"

"Is this what Shiro wanted?"

"It doesn't matter!" Pidge said through tears.

"Shiro programmed me to aid and..."

"Shiro is gone!" Pidge yelled. She leaned against Voltron and cried. "Shiro is gone,"

"Shiro is here," Voltron said.

"No. He's not here,"

"Shiro is here," Voltron said, then his belly began to project a video.

"This is Shiro. And this is the first test of my robotics project. Hello, I am Voltron. Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! The seventh test of my robotics project.Hello, I...What? What? Wait, wait, wait, stop! Stop scan! Stop...Shiro again, and this is the 33rd test of my robotics project. I'm not giving up on you. You don't understand this yet, but people need you. So, let's get back to work. This is Shiro, and this is the 84th test. What do you say, big guy? Hello, I am Voltron, your personal healthcare companion. It works. It works! This is amazing! You... you work! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it. I knew it. Oh, you work. I can't believe it! I can't...Okay. All right, big moment, here. Scan me. Your neurotransmitter levels are elevated. This indicates that you are happy. I am. I really am. Oh, man. Wait till my sister sees you. You're gonna help so many people, buddy. So many. That's all for now. I am satisfied with my care," Then the video stopped Pidge looked at Voltron.

Thank you, Voltron.I'm so sorry. I guess I'm not like my brother," Pidge said then collapsed into tears.