The Fight

Kyle’s POV:

We’ve been in four states now and Kelly has been a little distant, only talking to me when I’m in the way or something. So far we’ve been to New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut, now we’re in Maine which should be boring they have nothing to offer. Everyone else was acting normal except Kelly so I figured she was on her period but I didn’t smell anything funny so I was cool with it.

“Yo, Kelly come read this,” I heard Mario yell from the couch he was sitting on with his iPhone in his hand.

“What?” Kelly yelled rolling over from her top bunk so that she was now floating in the air parallel to the bed.

“Damn I’m still getting used to it,” Mario said looking up at Kelly.

“Well get used to it mutt,” I whispered.

“You know when you whisper everyone on this bus can hear you right?” Red asked looking at me from laying his head on top of a sleeping Fionna.

“Oh darn, uh, I forgot,” I said feigning my contrite attitude snapping my fingers and waving my arm across my chest. “I forgot that dogs have great hearing abilities….” I started my insult but was promptly cut off by Kelly.

“Not today guys, I’m not in the mood to keep a fight down today,” Kelly said floating over to where Mario was. See what I mean! Just so mean, then again she didn’t get much sleep last night she had to make last minute changes to the choreography since she had a whole new set of dancers take over for those who last minute.

“Anyway, Keisha Cole heard about her singing our song and she said she liked my mix to it,” Mario started apprehensively skeptical about reading the rest of the letter.

“And what did she say about Kelly?” Red asked looking from over the bed.

“Recently, Keisha Cole was asked about the famous singer Kelly Spacey singing her song Heaven Sent and she replied, ‘That girl has no business singing my song, I don’t know who she thinks she is, but she had no right to sing my song.’ She continued on saying that, ‘Kelly wasn’t worthy of singing a song like that because she was single and didn’t know what it was like to be in love, and would probably be unable to truly find love,” Kelly read out with a stoic expression on her face.

The whole bus was quite just waiting for her to react to what she said, me personally, I was offended for her. That was disrespectful; she probably just made this woman more relevant now than before, but that’s just me. After waiting for what seemed like hours Kelly finally responded with a cool demeanor.

“Well I guess that’s how she sees it,” She said smiling and going back to her bed.

“Are you serious?” I asked incredulous.

“Yeah, I mean yeah what she said was harsh, but it’s whatever she can say what she wants I know who’s making more money at the end of the day,” Kelly said smiling.

“What the fuck!” I yelled in aggravation.

“Hey hey hey watch it man, the profanity is not necessary,” Mario said gesturing his hands in front of him for me to calm down.

“Who the fuck are you talking to?” I asked rolling my head around to look at him with my body following me.

“Aw crap,” Red said.

“Look man I’m really not trying to get into it with you right now,” Mario said getting up. “Jasmine just said she wasn’t in the mood to stop the fight because she’s working. Now your childish ass need to stop trying to get her attention by picking a fight with me and go ahead and talk about why you lied to her about missing her performance.”