Chapter 2

Narrator POV 

The night was long and Y/N had a night skift at a small, bit run-down convenient store...

Y/N POV 

"Hey, are you gonna be okay to close up?" My boss said as she walks towards the door. 

"Yeah doesn't worry, I only got another hour and I have to restock anyways," I said standing behind the cash register. My boss nod as she waves goodbye leaving me alone. Once she left I locked the door behind her because even though it was a full moon I needed this extra hour to get paid. I knew my boss wouldn't notice because she is never here on the night shift and I know nobody comes around here on a full moon. I did have to restock some more drinks. Before I did anything, I pushed down the other caged doors and locked them so I wouldn't have to worry about anyone trying to get in. Finally finishing that and turning the opening sign to closed I start to rub my head, as I went to the back of the store by the freezers to restock. My head was sore from hiding my other ears all day. I was always sore at the end of the day because of that. It was hard hiding myself but because I was around normal people all day I didn't smell like a hybrid at all which was good for me. Even other hybrids couldn't sense me.

As I picked up the cases of water and soda, even though I locked the doors. When it was full moon all hybrids knew to stay inside, humans to if they were smart. With the recent disappearance of many hybrids in the community. It was best to pretend to be human but being a human with no schooling, degree, or birth certificate was hard. The only reason I got this job because this was the bad side of town. Which means not many care to do a background check or a blood test for human verification. The only way a hybrid can live a good life is if they get a good owner and I didn't want to be a pet. So I forced myself to hide my cat ears and tail. Hybrids didn't have rights like regular animals or humans because we were so different and a threat to the humans that see us as unknown. So they rather own us and use us for their benefit. 

Namjoon POV

"Namjoon what is it?" Tae said to me as we stood at the edge of the tallest tower observing the bright city that brought so light into the dark night. 

"It's a hybrid it reaks of a human and that isn't a good sign, It's just odd the scent comes and goes like it's trying to hide itself. I jumped off the edge of the roof and landed on my feet as my long black wings caught me as the others follow me. When a hybrid has a lingering scent of a human so strong it could mean that the hybrid is either mating or eating... Which on this side of town can only mean a bad outcome but we had to make sure just in case.  

"Maybe it's JB again trying to hide," Jin said. JB was a usual terror that like to prey on humans and hybrids. But lately, he hasn't shown himself. 

"Maybe. But last time we hurt him pretty badly so it's gonna be a couple of days till he gets his strength again, I think this is someone new or one of his friends," Jimin said as I nod agreeing. It was always a process to getting out hybrids or creatures that were very strong. Some we don't have to harm just enough to get them to stop or leave back to where ever they came from or back to their world. And others we have to kill in order to protect the community.

"We are going to check the East side of the town," Hobi said to me before going any further. I nod agreeing. Jin stayed with me as the others went with Hobi. As the others flew away and disappeared quickly, we walked within shadow to shadow into a very bad part of town.

"I can smell it, it is very strong," Jin whispered to me. I nod agreeing as he shifted fading in and out into the night seeing lights ahead leading us west into a small plaza of stores. We changed back to our human form and started to walk around. looking into the stores that were closed and noticed only one was open because the lights were on.