Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"What's going on? I could hear her from down the hall." I said to Victoria in a hushed tone. Arianna whipped around and tossed her phone onto one of the couches.

"I can hear you." she glared at me, her brown eyes carrying a fire behind them.

"What's going on? Why are you yelling like a madwoman?"

"It doesn't matter now, I'll deal with my mother in the new year." she huffed. She then closed her eyes before sighing heavily.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked her, going over to put my arm around her shoulders. She paused before talking.

"No, it's okay, I just want to focus on tonight, I'm meeting Ryan's best friend and I am freaking out about that." she admitted.

"You don't have to worry about him, he'll approve of you." Victoria offered some comfort. I suppressed a smirk.

"Yeah, I'm sure Ryan has awesome taste in friends and the best friend will see he has even better taste in girls and you two will get along swimmingly." I assured her.

"I hope so." she muttered softly.

I was sitting on Arianna's bed sipping on some red wine while Arianna and Victoria touched up their makeup.

"So Kylie isn't coming?" Victoria asked.

"No, she said she and Mason were going to take some alone time. Something about them needed to recuperate." Arianna replied nonchalantly. "And Candice is gonna be with Andy."

A little smile crossed my lips when I realised that maybe Mason would take the time alone with Kylie to tell her about his PTSD.

"Party poopers." Victoria muttered playfully. "So I've been meaning to tell you guys." she started after putting the cap back on her mascara and turning away from the mirror.

"Yeah?" I said, curious.

"I started seeing someone."

"Shut up!" Arianna gasped.

"No way!" I joined in. "Tell us everything!" I gushed.

"Wait, can you tell us everything in the car on the way to Ryan's otherwise we're gonna be late?" Arianna suggested.

And sure enough 20 minutes later in the car, Victoria was telling us all about her new flame as we all sipped on some champagne.

"And he's absolutely perfect." She gushed, a bright shine in her eyes. "He's amazing."

"Sounds like you're smitten." Arianna commented. We all chuckled.

"Maybe I am..." Victoria smiled, embracing the deep red that has creeped up her neck and the tips of her ears.

We kept some small chatter going, trying to distract Arianna so that she wouldn't freak out at the fact that she was meeting her boyfriend's best friend. Everyone was assuring her that she'd be fine and I knew for a fact that Ryan's best friend would love Arianna to bits.

Arianna spent the walk from the car to the apartment muttering to herself in Italian. We all tried to be as supportive as possible but the girl was stressing so much it became a little amusing.

We were in the elevator heading up to Ryan's apartment on the 3rd floor. While Victoria worked on getting Arianna calm, I checked my phone. A text from McKenzie wishing me a Happy New Year, already. I actually missed my best friend, despite the mysterious change I felt in our friendship because of her new marriage, I still miss her.

The elevator dinged and I smiled to myself. We all got out and headed towards Ryan's apartment. Arianna did a few quick breathing exercises before knocking on her boyfriend's door. She looked back at us and Victoria and I smiled at her.

The door swung open and we were hit with the sound of good music playing at a reasonable volume, the sweet smell of flavoured smoke as well as the warmth eminating from the bodies inside. Ryan stood at the door and he smiled down at Arianna.

"Babycakes. You made it." He gave her a quick kiss and hug and then looked back at us. "Hey guys, come on in."

Arianna clung to him as we walked into the apartment that was decorated simply, some catered food layed out as well as an area filled with cold drinks for everyone. About 20 people were circulating inside, drinking, eating, chatting and enjoying the night.

"How's it going, Ryan?" Victoria asked him. They hugged.

"Great thanks, and you?" He replied.

"Awesome, thanks. I see some cocktails there. Excuse me." Victoria ran away and went pick up the last Cosmo that was sitting on the counter.

"Hey Ryan." I grinned. Ryan smirked at me, trying to supress a laugh. "Where's your best friend?" I asked.

"He's coming, just went to take a leak." He laughed. It seemed as though Arianna had tensed up next to him because he felt it and kissed the top of her head. "Baby, relax. He's gonna love you."

"I promise." I added.

"Hey, Ryan!" I heard a familiar voice call out from behind the couple.

"That must be him." I told Arianna. Hery brown eyes widened. "Relax." I whispered to her.

I left them to go get a long island ice tea and when I came back I went straight to Ryan's best friend, wrapped an arm around him and let him bend down a little to plant a soft kiss on my lips.

"Hey, kitten." He grinned down at me.

"Elijah." I chuckled.

I was forced to look away from him when I felt a little fist punch me on the arm.

"I hate you!" Arianna exclaimed playfully. "You watched me suffer as I freaked out over meeting Ryan's best friend and none of you had the heart to tell me that we'd met before or that he was dating Megan?!" Dating Megan?

"You seem offended." Elijah chuckled.

Arianna glared at both of us.

"Sorry." I said sheepishly. Ryan was laughing from beside her. "When Elijah and I figured out that his best friend was your boyfriend we didn't wanna spoil the surprise for you." I admitted.

Elijah pulled me closer to him and he added, "Surprise." To Arianna.

"Just for that, we're all taking 3 tequila shots. Thanks." She declared.

"Babe." Ryan groaned. "Tequila hates me."

"Same." I chimed in.

"You all deserve it." She glared, dragging Ryan to the kitchen. Elijah and I followed close behind.

He held my hand as we walked and I was so content in that moment but there was just one thing that lingered in my head... dating Megan?

A/N

Oh!

Em!

Gee!

I am so sorry!!!! Please forgive me, pancakes!

I have had the worst case of writer's block ever! It was shookening! I had no idea how to carry on with the story but I also didn't want to abandon it so that was hard. Like I knew what was supposed to happen but I had no idea how to make it happen. But it is over now!

I am back with a vengence. I can feel the mental floodgates open and I am so excited to carry on with this book!

I hope some of you haven't given up on this and are still with me, living the stories. I've missed you all so much!

Tell me what you thought about the chapter, what you thought about my writer's block, what you hope will happen in next chapters, comment about anything, I've missed you!

But I am back for you!

Don't forget to comment and vote and let's get this show on the road again!

Lots and lots of love!

Xoxo

K