Chapter Three

Nathan sauntered out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. His lips curled into a smirk when he noticed my eyes run over his naked torso. His blond hair had darkened from being wet. My own hair was up in a wet bun from my own shower earlier on. I was back in my bridesmaid dress with the intention of changing at work.

"You know you don't have to go now." He said coming to stand right in front of me. I looked up at him.

"I actually have to go to work, Nathan." I turned around swiftly. "Zip me up, please." I said. He slowly started zipping my dress up. When the zipper reached the top I felt his hands drop down to my waist.

"You're not gonna stay for breakfast..." his lips brushed against my ear. "And other things." He said suggestively. I turned around, putting my hands on his waist.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" I looked up at him.

"I know for a fact I'm not the only that would like that." He grinned. I couldn't suppress my smile so I looked away at the window. Nathan put his hand on my cheek urging me to look back at him. "Am I wrong?"

"You know you're not." I replied. I stepped forward, making Nathan step back. "But..." I kept my hands on his hips, guiding him backwards. "You keep forgetting..." A few more steps and we were standing right by the bed. "I have a job to get to." I pushed him back onto the bed with a devilish smirk. He fell back without hesitation, lying on his back.

"Ugh, that thing." He groaned sitting up. I chuckled.

"Yeah, that thing." I looked around the room for my shoes and found them sitting by the bedroom door. I took them, slipping them onto my bare feet quickly. I looked at the clock on the wall and was relieved to find that I had 45 minutes to get to work. "I think I'm gonna go now." I said to Nathan.

He rose from the bed. "You got everything?" he asked. I looked around the room, scanning to see if maybe I had left something but I had everything so I just nodded. "You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm sure." I chuckled. Nathan came closer to me, cupping my face before he leaned down, putting his lips on mine. My eyes fluttered closed as I let him kiss me once more. His lips were soft but the kiss was eager. His one hand travelled down my back.

"Now you have everything." He murmured against my lips. With one final peck on the lips, Nathan stepped back and grinned. I pursed my lips to supress a smile.

"Walk me to the door?"

Nathan chuckled before answering me. "Of course." He followed me out the bedroom, through the living room to the front door where he leaned on the frame. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Megan." He smirked.

I felt my face heat up, thank god I couldn't turn red. "Likewise." I replied. I turned the doorknob and opened the door. I looked up at Nathan before exiting the room. "You should come to my city more often."

"Oh, I'm definitely planning to." he replied immediately. I laughed and he shot me a wink before I closed the door and made my way down the empty hallway towards the elevator. I waited for the silver doors to part for me.

When I finally made it to the lobby I realised that no matter what time of day or day of the week, the Townsend Hotel managed to stay busy and buzzing the entire time. I crossed the busy hall and went outside and was hit with a sudden autumn chill in the air.

I found my car quickly and hurried in, the first thing I had to do was put the heater on. The car had stayed out all night and it was freezing inside, goosebumps popped up all over my body. I rubbed my hands together, waiting for the car to heat up.

After some time it was warm so I reached over to the passenger side, opening the front console. I pulled out my necklace. Looking at my reflection in the rear view mirror as I put the silver chain around my neck. It had a silver band at the end and a single, small diamond on the band.

I hadn't worn the necklace at the wedding and the whole of last night, which made me slightly anxious but it was comforting to have the piece of jewellery around my neck again.

When I was ready to hit the road, I pulled away from the curb and headed in the direction towards the hospital. It was more or less a half an hour drive which meant I had to step on it a little to make sure that I was on time.

The Bryanston Academic Hospital was one of the best. It had been around since the 40s and had been morphed and changed into the big elegant building it was now. The 20 story building was painted pearl white on the outside with large industrial windows on every floor.

I worked on the ground and first floor which was the ER. I'd been working here for only a couple of months and was still relatively seen as the new kid plus I was the youngest in the entire hospital and was without a doubt treated like that. Which is why when I ran into our locker rooms, panting, Dr Woodmere, the supervising doctor at the ER gave me a grim look.

"You're late, Clarke." The woman grumbled.

"Not yet, Dr Woodmere, I've still got a solid six minutes until I'm late." I scuttled to my locker to get some fresh scrubs on. I stripped out of my dress and put my navy scrubs on. I reached into my locker and got my pair of white Vans. We had to wear comfortable shoes, they never specified what type of comfortable shoes so I was always wearing my most comfy pair of Vans.

I tucked my necklace away and as I reached for my white coat the woman sitting on the wooden bench spoke.

"Leave the lab coat, they want you in the OR." Dr Woodmere told me. I looked back at her, confused.

"What? Why? I don't have any surgeries scheduled for today." I replied. The middle-aged woman laughed and I just stood there watching her, struggling to find anything funny.

"You're not performing any surgeries, you're gonna watch some seasoned practitioners at work, kid. So go, don't make them wait." She informed me.

I absolutely hated it when she and all the other older residents called me 'kid', it wasn't my fault that I was 22 and they were probably 173. Okay, I was exaggerating but I mean they annoyed me so much.

I reluctantly left and went to the OR like I was told. I stood outside, putting on a mask, coverings for my hair and gloves in case I was asked to assist.

Unfortunately for me that was the rest of my day. I observed about four surgeries at Woodmere's request and even had to skip lunch because there was a surgery that ran over the scheduled time.

I was slightly jealous of the doctors doing the surgeries because I had to stand back and watch them do what I've always wanted to do.

I guess this was part of Woodmere's learning process but I wasn't too happy about it.

A/N Oh wow, it's been a while since I posted and I'm so sorry about that, I've just been super busy and I had severe writer's block but here you guys go. You guys can defs expect another update really soon.

I love you all my pancakes!

Xoxo

K

Oh and did you guys like Nathan?