Chapter Two (Part 2)

After taking photos at the botanical gardens we went to the Courtyard Hotel for the reception. The hall was decorated absolutely perfectly and that was thanks to me and Victoria. We had had the responsibility of handling all of the decorations related to the wedding.

Right now, I was impressed. The centrepieces that Victoria had organised were amazing. It was an arrangement on pinecones, some leaves and roses all put together as if they were sprouting out of a golden vase. The overall feel of the reception hall was very autumn inspired and very elegant.

Waiters and waitresses were going to every table delivering food and drinks as per the guests' request. Arianna had handled the menu very well and I was impressed with her knowledge of which wines paired best with which foods.

After everyone had finally eaten, there was light chatter floating amongst the tables which meant that Mckenzie and Kylie had successfully seated the right people together. I rose from my seat and found Mason, it was time to get this reception running.

"Hey, you ready?" I asked him. He smiled at me, adjusting his tie.

"I was ready for this the day I was born." He replied. I tipped my head to the side, slowly shaking it.

"A simple 'yes' or 'no' would have sufficed, I promise you." I chuckled.

"I'm an over-achiever." He beamed.

"Clearly."

We got two microphones from the DJ who was actually doing a good job between alternating between music the younger guests would like and music the older guests would like. Mason and I stood side-by-side on the empty dancefloor.

"Ladies and gentlemen." I started. The reception hall calmly hushed as people looked at us. "Thank you all for coming. Obviously we're all here to celebrate and congratulate the newlywed couple."

"So before the two lovebirds desperately try to escape to their honeymoon, Megan and I thought we'd say a couple of words to them." Mason spoke clearly and confidently.

"We can't give you guys any advice on marriage 'cause neither of us have ever been married." I chuckled. "But we can give you our best wishes."

"We can also tell you that you guys are perfect for each other and we hope you enjoy each other's company because if you don't then that's a bit awkward because you're gonna be together forever." There was a light chuckle that crossed the hall.

"So we're going to give you guys the floor for your first dance as a married couple but...there's a catch." I smirked. Connor and Mckenzie watched me from their seats.

"You've got to do the garter hunt first, Connor." Mason grinned at his best friend. Connor nodded, accepting the condition. "Oh no, that's not it." Mason chuckled.

"If you don't find Mckenzie's garter then you don't get to have the dance with your new wifey." I challenged. Connor glanced over at Mckenzie for a moment and then he looked back at me with a smile, giving me a nod.

Five minutes later, all of the guests were laughing so much. Mckenzie was sitting on a chair and Connor was on his knees, his head up her dress. It was so amusing to watch her squirm as she covered her red face with her manicured hands.

Mason elbowed me in the ribs. I looked up at him.

"You think she realises that most of the honeymoon will be like that?" he smirked slyly.

"Oh she knows." I chuckled. "She's very aware."

There was a sudden roar of applause, cheers and laughter. I looked back and Connor had emerged from under Mckenzie's dress and he held the lace garter between his teeth. He took it out and held it up. Mckenzie rose from the chair to give him a hug.