Chapter Twenty-Three

A/N Hey guys so here's another update because you guys were so supportive on the last chapter with all the comments and all the votes so I thought I'd treat you all to another update.

I hope you guys enjoy it, don't forget to vote and comment and let me know what you think about everything.

Enjoy!

Xoxo

K

When I woke up I expected to feel different, older, wiser, I mean, it was my 23rd birthday after all.

I lay in bed, waiting for something spectacular to happen, waiting for a marvellous revelation that came with my new age but instead I received the marvellous growling of my empty stomach. I rolled my eyes.

I wanted to make a bowl of cereal and vegetate in bed but I couldn't because my day was packed with things to do. I had a spa date with the girls in the morning, a lunch date with my parents and then an actual date...with Elijah. I smiled at the thought. This was going to be an eventful birthday, not as busy as past birthdays but definitely one to be remembered.

I was ready by 9am and arrived at the Kara Simpson Creations Spa. When I got there all the girls were waiting for me near the entrance. They all came alive when they saw me, enveloping me in hugs and tons of love.

The 'Happy birthday's started rolling one right after the other.

"Hi, guys." I chuckled. "Thanks for squeezing the living daylights out of me."

"I think she wants us to back off." Victoria guessed. The girls stepped away from me, giving me some room to breathe.

"Thanks, Vicky." I said to her. "Did we sort out our booking?"

"Yeah!" Arianna beamed, her brown eyes lit up and that's when I noticed the slight change in colour in her hair. "And don't worry about costs, Birthday Girl, it's all on us cause it's your birthday and we wanna spoil you and yeah, it's gonna be great!" she was so hyper I'm pretty sure she could've spontaneously combusted at any second.

"Are you okay?" I asked her with a smile.

"Yeah!" she nodded, smiling from ear to ear.

"Did you highlight you hair?" I asked. She seemed to light up even more.

"Yeah!"

"Are you on drugs?"

"Yeah! Wait, no." she realised and blushed furiously. "I'm just excited, Megan." Arianna defended.

"We're very aware, dearest." Candice said putting an arm around her shoulders and leading her to where I guessed our booking was.

Victoria followed and I hung behind to walk with Kylie.

"Hey, Baby Pearson." I said. She wrapped her arm around my waist as we walked, smiling at me.

"Hey, Megz, how's it going?" she smiled. Her eyes were tired but still full of life.

"I was going to ask you that." I told her. "How are you?"

"I'm good."

"Yeah?"

She seemed to think about it for a split second, her expression faltering before she looked back at me.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Have you talked to Mason?" I asked cautiously.

"Mason and I aren't really talking right now." she replied.