Chapter Twenty

Taking a shower while Nathan slept seemed like the logical thing to do. It was early morning, around 6am and despite having barely had any sleep the night before I was up and full of energy.

I enjoyed feeling the warm water pouring down my body. Waking up stiff was no surprise, I'd gotten used to the after effects of nights like that. I enjoyed being with Nathan because he was he one guy in about the last couple of months that I'd been with who hadn't mentioned anything about feelings or a relationship.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted some movement. Instead of freaking out and remembering every horror movie I'd ever seen in my life, I calmly slid the shower door open, while the water kept running. A rush of cold air hit me as I peered out the shower into the steam-filled bathroom.

I was beyond relieved to see Nathan standing at the sink brushing his teeth. He turned around to look at me and smiled, toothbrush still in his mouth.

"You scared me." I chuckled. He smiled and continued to brush his teeth. After some time he rinsed his mouth with water and put his toothbrush away.

"You didn't look very scared." he said raising an eyebrow. He was just wearing some sweatpants and he looked so good. "You know..." he started as he walked towards me, "...you're wasting a lot of water." he said.

I smirked. "Then let's save some water, come join me." I said seductively. He leaned on the frame of the shower door. "You know you want to." I coaxed.

Nathan lazily pushed the shower door open, letting more cold air in. His eyes ran over me, taking me in. I stood under the water and turned to face him and I could see him trying to suppress a smirk.

I put my wet hands on his waist and moved him a couple of steps back as I got out of the shower at the same time. We kept eye contact as he put his arms around my naked body. I was aware of what I was doing.

I kept us moving, my eyes on his, slyly manoeuvring out of his kisses until I had him right where I wanted him. When water suddenly poured over Nathan's head and onto his face he gasped. I laughed and pulled him down into a kiss.

"Get rid of these." I said against his lips as I tugged at the waistband of his pants.

"Then what?" Nathan asked.

"We finish our shower and go start something else."

And we did because two hours later I was getting the room service at the door wearing nothing but one of Nathan's button-up shirts. The guy wanted to roll the trolley in but I assured him that I was more than capable of rolling it into the room.

I handed him a twenty dollar tip and then closed the door. I could smell the food as I rolled the tray into the bedroom. Nathan was still in bed.

"I'm so hungry." I chuckled. I left the trolley with the food at the foot of the bed and jumped onto the bed straddling Nathan.

"I'm not surprised. We worked up an appetite... you made me work up an intense appetite."

I gave him a quick peck on the lips before getting off of him. "Come on."

While we ate our massive breakfast that consisted of fruits, yoghurt, toast, eggs, sausages and too much bacon for two people, Nathan and I made relaxed conversation.

It was amazing that through the whole hour while we ate he said nothing about feelings of relationships, it was like someone had warned him not to speak about stuff like that. Our meal was interrupted when his phone rang and he excused himself to answer it in the living room.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop but it was hard not to listen when his voice went from barely audible to basically yelling.

"Then he'll deal with me face-to-face!" That was the last thing I heard Nathan yell before he came back into the room. His face was slightly red and his breathing was a little heavier than normal.