Author's Note and Sneak Peek

Well, well, well, looks like it's that time in the book again. Time for a sneak peek into the future.

I can't believe we're here in the middle of Behind My Killer Heels (the 3rd instalment of the #WhenAWomanWalksSeries). If you have been following this series since Heels of Steel then you know that this is a really exciting time in the books.

It means that the current book is 50% complete and as a celebration of that I include a sneak peek into the following book in the series which would be Walking In Broken Heels and that book will be from the point of view of...drum roll please....drrrr

Take a guess...

Take a guess...

Drrrrrrr

Miss Candice Seinfeld, our favourite fiery redheaded southern belle!

I'm really excited to be writing from Candice's POV cause if you've been reading the other two books you would know that Candice is one of the more private characters and we don't know much about her and she likes to keep to herself even though she does immerse herself in the friendship circle.

So get excited cause I know I'm excited to be writing from her POV and to be writing about her aloof life. So here's the sneak peek into Walking In Broken Heels (the 4th instalment of the #WhenAWomanWalksSeries).

"Mr King, I'm so sorry about Mr Pearson's sudden cancellation but you can be assured that I'll handle this meeting as well as I can on his behalf

"Mr King, I'm so sorry about Mr Pearson's sudden cancellation but you can be assured that I'll handle this meeting as well as I can on his behalf."

I didn't want to sound like I was a rambling fool but this was a big partnership for Pearsing Tech and Connor was counting on me to make it all turn out smoothly.

It was needless to say that the man I was in an office with gave off a heavy presence. He was standing by his window, looking out from the 21st floor, his hands shoved into his navy blue suit pants pockets.

When he turned around my mouth went dry, and for the first time in a long time I was attracted to a man with the intensity of a burning fire. He was drop dead gorgeous.

Tall, dark and handsome, never thought that would be my type until I laid my eyes on this man. His lips curled into a slow, subtle smirk.

"Please, call me Xavier." he said. His voice filled the room, echoing even though he'd spoken with a normal volume. "Mr King was my grandfather and I didn't even know the man that well." he added.

"Xavier." I tasted his name on my tongue, trying it out. I'd never met anyone with that name. He came towards me, his walk was casual yet it exuded so much power.

"Softer on the X." he spoke slowly as if he knew what the sound of his voice was doing to me.

"Xavier..." I repeated, going softer on the X like he'd told me to.

"There you go." He stopped right in front of me, close enough for me to smell his cologne. "And you might be?"

"Uhm- C- Candice." I stuttered. I never stutter. He probably thought I was an absolute idiot.

"Well, C-Candice, you seem like a lovely woman but you tell Connor that if he wants to do business with me, he'll come to me himself and not send a glorified secretary."

His response was uttered so calmly that I almost didn't find it insulting until I realised what he'd said then I was fuming. I was ready to retaliate when he continued speaking.

"As beautiful as you are, I'd like to conduct business with the man in charge." he finished. Then he offered me a smile. As condescending as it was, it was still breathtakingly dazzling, a set of pearly white gnashers that he knew would make any woman weak in the knees. "Would you like me to see you out?" he asked.

I was still insulted with our interaction so my reply came out surprisingly venomous.

"I can do it myself." I turned around and left his office in a hurry. I was in the elevator like a bolt of lightning.

As I turned around to press the button for the lobby, I found him standing right outside the elevator, his hand back in his pocket, with a gorgeous but smug look on his face.

As the elevator doors shut he sent me a cheeky wink that enraged me even more.

"Fucking Xavier King." I muttered under my breath angrily.

A/N Ta-daaaa!!!

That was one of the longer sneak peeks but it was pretty good if I do say so myself.

I'm totally excited to write it and I'm sure you guys must have tons of questions so drop them in the comments and I'll be sure to answer as many as I can.

xoxo

K