Urgot x Katarina

To the outside eye, the booming city of innovation stood proudly atop its perch with its high arches and pristine buildings. Piltover held no rival and was a destination many tourists frequented, but there is never light without darkness. In the poorer districts of Piltover, the smell of rotting flesh mixed with heavy-duty chemicals wafted from the undercity leaving many to wonder what indeed resided at the center of Zaun. To Katarina, however, it was a comfortable atmosphere compared to the shining city of light.

The faint streaks of light that filtered through the cracks barely provided enough light to illuminate the sunken city. She couldn't fathom why people found comfort living in such a rat hole, and though Noxus' underground was not much better, it was a step up. Despite this, Zaun thrived alongside its twin. And while the green hue bathed the city in filth and gloom, it had a charm of its own, but the cons by far outweighed the pros.

Still, Katarina was just another face masked in the shadows like many that trudged the streets of the polluted city. Beneath the layers of filth and machinery, at the heart of Zaun stood the Dredge. At its center was none other than Urgot, a once feared headsman of the Noxian empire. Lingering tales of the Dreadnought's accomplishments circled the underground, and once Urgot had been forced back into the chains he had once ruled over, Katarina saw her time to strike.

After a thorough stretch, Katarina threw herself over the promenade's edge, descending into the depths of Zaun. It wasn't a challenging descent by any means, with all the machinery and cables to catch her fall. It gave plenty of momentum to propel herself further down, her agility allowing her to slips through slivers of steel and iron. Despite the gloomy aura haunting the districts of Zaun, it was an enjoyable place to wander about; she was free to swing and leap wherever she pleased, an opportunity that Noxus rarely offered. If she could, Katarina would turn Zaun into her personal playground, but today was strictly business.

Catching herself on a transparent pipe pumping green goo to the surface, Kat observed the infamous Dredge, wholly underwhelmed by its layout. To the average individual, escaping would seem impossible, but Katarina had never faced a prison she could not break into or escape from. Since Urgot's rampage within the prison walls, it seemed like their security had taken quite the hit. While it would have been cleaner to sneak past the guards and make for her objective, she had an impression to make.

Her heels clicked against the stone tiles, uncaring for the attention she attracted. Her hood covered her features, and her hair was neatly tied back into a messy bun. Hell, she had even bought new daggers for the occasion. If Swain learned of her agenda, he would be sure to have stern words with her, or worse. It was a gambit for sure, considering Katarina was currently servicing the empire, but hopefully, the Dreadnought could look past her faults. They did share a common enemy: Jericho Swain, the Visionary.

The assassin would be a fool to challenge his demonic presence, but while she remained silent, the rumors surrounding her father's disappearance bubbled in her chest. Like any other, she would meet her end, but before then, Katarina wanted to know the truth, and if need be, she would kill the Noxian Grand General herself. Darius may be blinded by his pride as Swain's right hand, but history had taught that hands could be cut off, and Katarina would not let herself be blinded by idle promises.

Noxians could never be trusted, herself included.

Katarina showed no mercy as she traversed the halls of the Dredge, executing anyone who dared to step into her path. Usually, she left her daggers behind, always proud of her work, but not this time. After every kill, she retrieved her daggers, making sure to leave little evidence if the news ever managed to escape the Dredge. Never in a million years would anyone think an assassin of the highest caliber in service to the Noxian empire would ever rescue an exiled high officer. Exiled was a kind word, she reasoned.