Chapter 7

Surpriseeee, enjoyyyy xo
_____

"Clean this mess up, I'll deal with him." Carter told Vasily and threw Vince to Serial.

"Kai, you're staying with Ava and Beau. Get them back to the house." Carter motioned for me to go over to him.

"Where are you going Carter?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me and Beau.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, it's better if you didn't know." He kissed the side of my head. "I won't be too long."

"Be safe, please." I held onto him.

"Of course." He smiled.

"Get them out of here now." Carter ushered me towards Kai and Messiah.

"Would you like me to carry her Ms. Vice?" Zion nodded down to Beau.

"It's okay, I got her." I shook my head and followed Kai out of the restaurant.

"What's going to happen with all those witnesses? Isn't Carter worried about police?" I asked once we were all settled into the SUV. 

"Carter doesn't care, he'd give them his address and invite them in for something to drink." Kai said carelessly. "Remember that time Carter ripped that FBI agents spinal cord out and sent it to his boss the next day Messiah?"

"You shouldn't be talking like that in front of Ms. Vice." Messiah stared at me through the rear view mirror.

"Surprisingly enough, I want to know what else my dear older brother has done." I mumbled to myself.

"You have to remember Messiah, you were the one who delivered it." Kai clapped. "Anyways, no one will talk. That restaurant we went to is exclusive to people of this lifestyle."

"Four of the families have multiple connections within Government Officials, Carter is the only one who doesn't fuck around with them."

"In Carters head it's dead or alive. I bet you everything I have that Carter had control over that situation from start to finish back there." He continued to explain as he pointed back to the restaurant. "Everything Carter does is of purpose and plus, he wouldn't of put you in a situation he didn't have control over."

"He takes after your father." Kai said softly. "I've heard a lot about Hayze, still to this day he has a lot of respect from the people he's worked along side with."

"I can't imagine my father being apart of this life, he was gentle giant." I smiled sadly at the memories that filtered through.

"I remember the night he won the national title, I had begged him for months to let me go and watch him fight because my parents never allowed me to go to his matches. Once he was announced the national champion, I was the first person he came looking for in the stands." I laughed at the memory. "Kota was there, he was the MC for the match and he chased after my father because he hadn't even accepted his belt yet."

Tears dripped down my face silently as I stared out of the window, watching the city lights twinkle in the distance.

I miss you guys. My thoughts drifted deeper.

Flashback

Red and Blue lights flashed repeatedly, waking me from my slumber.

I ran downstairs to the banging of the front door. Grayson was always a heavy sleeper so he slept through the loud noise.

Opening the door, the red and blue flashing lights blinded me and took a while for my eyes to adjust to the brightness.

"Are your parents Hayze Vice and Maya Vice?" One of the two police officers asked gently.

"Yes, is everything alright sir?" I asked with clear confusion.

"I don't know how to tell you this but your parents were in a car accident and were killed instantly."

End of Flashback.

Earlier that night our parents had gone on a date. The sad thing was, they died two minutes away from our home.

So close but so far.

"Kota was the MC?" Messiah asked.

"Yes. When my parents passed I went to every single professional fighting company I could get to but I was turned down even though I held a national title, that's when I bumped into Kota again." I explained. "Kota told me about the underground, he explained everything in great detail, the pros and the cons. At first I said no but I had no way of surviving since I had no money. I had no choice but to say yes in the end."

I made sure to keep Grayson out of my story, of course Messiah knew Grayson but Carter told me not to tell anyone else, even if I trusted Kai. I didn't want to risk it.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that." Kai turned to look at me.

"Things happen for a reason. I have a lot of blessings so I can never be mad about it." I continued to stare out of the window. "Others have it worse."

"This Kota guy sounds suspicious." Kai mumbled.

"I've always felt like Kota knew more then he lead on." I spoke freely. "He knew exactly who my father and mother were."

"And you trusted him? Even though you knew he wasn't telling you the whole truth?" Kai asked.

"The one thing Kota is, is loyal." I said defensively.

Before I left the country to move to Brazil with Carter, Kota had given me a notebook. At first I thought it was a farewell present until Kota turned serious and gave me instructions to read and then burn the book.

Versana Cartel is rightfully mine, and my real name is Versana Vice.