•14•

Jungkook's POV

The day passed without anything interesting happening. I didn't even meet Jimin, and I started to worry that perhaps he had regretted what had happened between us and now he was avoiding me. But I was too tired to give that a second thought, so I simply fell asleep on a calm sleep without dreams.

I didn't ask Yoongi where he had gone the day before when I woke up and found him in the kitchen the next day. I simply poured myself a cup of coffee, sat down and avoided his eyes.

"Will you come back for dinner?" Yoongi asked me. "I'm working on the late late night shift tonight, I can cook something if you are here too".

I took a good look at him. He seemed like he was trying to start a conversation, I could sense some guilt on his tone too and that confused me.

"You don't have to!" I muttered. Yoongi gulped nervously before replying.

"Will you be here?" He asked me again ignoring my answer.

"If you keep this up I won't!" I snapped and leaned against my chair. I expected him to laugh ironically and say something like: someone is going through that time of the month, or, Ungrateful_Brat mode on. I actually wanted him to react like that. But he didn't. Yoongi swallowed my harsh reply and didn't say anything for a while.

"Whatever..." he mumbled and I lifted my head look at him. He never said that word. Yoongi got up and headed to the fridge. He took out a can of beer and opened it. Then he went and sat on the couch and started drinking it.

"Pathetic..." I mumbled and I think he heard me because he raised his eyebrows and eyes a bit to glare at me. In response he drank the whole can at once and squeezed it inside his hands. Yoongi walked inside the kitchen again and tapped me on my shoulder allegedly.

"Thank you!" He smiled with fake grin and tossed the smashed can in the trash can.

"I have to go". I caught myself explaining as I got up and went inside the bedroom again.

Yoongi's POV

I just asked you if you are going to be home for dinner, I thought to myself as I brought my hand up to my head.

-Who drinks this early in the morning?!

A sad soul, I thought and raised my lip in disgust at my own self.

"I'm heading out!" Jungkook said as he rushed to close the door behind him.

Why did you react like that? I wondered. I walked till the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water in order to throw that sleepy look off my face. I was planning on making some barbecue... but I guess I'll just order a pizza again.

-Maybe! Jimin... would like to-!

I threw away that thought but it kept coming back. Perhaps Jimin would like to dine with me tonight. I wanted someone to keep me company tonight, I didn't want to eat alone so eventually I wore a pair of shoes and brushed my hair a bit. I got out at the hallway and hesitated a bit.

Eventually I knocked on his door, and momentarily I thought of running back inside my room again. But I heard Jimin's footsteps close to the door so I remained still outside his apartment. I heard him opening the eyehole and then the door opened.

"Hyung! In what do I owe your visit?" He asked me and stepped aside to let me get inside.

"No, no. I just came to ask you whether you would like to dine with us again?" I asked and nervously rubbed my palm on the back of my neck.

"Tonight?" He asked me a bit surprised. "Yeah sure! At what time?" He replied and I breathed out relaxed. Jimin chuckled and fake punched my shoulder. "Come one Hyung, why so stiff?" He joked.

"How about 8?" I said not paying attention to his comment. I smiled shyly and he returned the smile.

"Of course! If I'm late it will be because of the traffic!" He said and for a moment I looked at him confused.

"Pff yeah right!" I said understanding the joke. "Anyways. I'll be expecting you!" I said and headed back to my apartment.

"Oh Yoongi?"

"Yes?"

"I didn't find you on the Allegria yesterday..." he muttered tugging on his sleeve.

I grinned.

"I had an afternoon shift". I explained. "Don't look for me today either. I'll be having the hangover shift!" I joked.

"Good to know!" He replied and after offering me a smile he closed the door.

Had he looked for me. Dizzy from that realization I almost lost my footing and stumbled upon the casing of my apartment door. For a moment I feared that I had locked myself outside and rushed to push the door that to my relief it opened widely. I breathed out relieved and stepped inside still having that stupid grin on my face. I gave myself a shake and entered the kitchen to check which ingredients I needed to get.

I rolled my eyes seeing that I didn't have meat. Yeah that is like making ramen without ramen! I closed the fridge and headed back to the couch in order to take out my wallet and check my budget. But the moment I sat down I leaned back and slowly fell asleep again. I had the hangover shift, as I had previously named it while chatting with Jimin, I had to sleep unless I wanted to doze off while making someone's coffee.