"After you," I said as Damon started to climb down. It wasn't long before he disappeared into the darkness below.

Okay, we're good.

I started to climb down to. Moving the manhole back over its cover. I decided to jump down landing sprightly on my feet. "Stay close, and behind me." Damon said going to tie our lifeline rope to the ladder.

I thought we would be in the sewer system, but this was just concrete walls. Almost as if this maze had been built of stone, with a specific design in mind.

I pulled out my phone and used it as a flashlight. I had taken a couple of pictures of the plans so we should be good on this front. We started to walk forwards with only the sound of our footsteps echoing throughout the maze.

That was until my dagger started to glow a bright red, "Sorry, I forgot about that," Damon said turning around trying to take the dagger away from me.

I slapped his hand away, "About what?" I turned off my cell phone light and put it into my back pocket.

"I had that dagger made special for the other Freya. I put some of my essence into the stone, for a good luck charm," he said. Aawww.

"That's so sweet." That must be why I was almost hypnotized by it.

I could see a faint amount of blush appear in his cheeks, "You don't have to use it after tonight. I can get you another-"

"I want to keep it. It's beautiful," I said. I felt his embarrassment as he turned around and continue to lead the way.

So why did it start to glow? I asked.

Umm well...

An unearthly roar filled our space it came from behind us. Not needing to be told, to run we took off. I kept at Damon pace. Until we ran into a dead end with two identical white doors.

"Damn it!" I shouted.

The roar was getting closer we would have to stand and fight.

"Yoo-hoo," two voices said behind us in unison. What the hell? Two tall identical men in black robes that covered their face appeared.

I looked to Damon and before I could even think, the men said together, "One of the doors will guide you to freedom and behind the other is a dead end. One guard always tells the truth and the other always lies. You can only ask one question. What do you ask?"

"I don't know," Damon said.

"How the hell did Anson survive down here?!" I shouted. Panic surged in veins. The roar was getting closer by the second. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," I chanted as I started to pace.

One guard always tells the truth and the other always lies. I repeated to myself.

"One guard always tells the truth and the other always lies," I chanted.

Why didn't I pay attention in that philosophy/ logic class?! Please let this be right!

"Which door would the other guard say is safe?" I guessed.

"Wait! We should think about--"

They both pointed to the door on the left with a single long boney white finger. I grabbed Damon's hand and we ran through the door on the right slamming it shut behind us. Shaking I sled down to the ground relieved that we weren't staring at a dead end.

Thank God.

"How did you know..."

"The honest guard would point to the wrong door because that's what the dishonest guard would point to. The dishonest guard would point to the wrong door because the honest guard would not. So, no matter where, they pointed-"