Monday, December 19th, 2011

2:07 pm

Dear Diary,

It feels like Christmas all over Louisville. Or, at least to me. Though Christmas and I don't exactly get along, we're trying real hard this year.

Grandpa died two days ago. Dad called to tell me. He was crying. I don't really know how i feel. I wanna call Grandma and ask her how she's doing. But, I keep thinking that it's too soon to call any of them.

Gosh, I just want to cry. Grandpa didn't deserve to die. And we all miss him so much. I also feel so selfish because all week I hadn't even known he was in the hospital. I should've called at the very least.

I thought about deleting him off my contact list on my iPod, but I can't. I just can't believe that he's gone. I had just seen him back in August, right before school started. Granted, he wasn't looking too lively (hope I used that word correctly).

THis is the first death I've had to deal with. It sucks. Why have death when it hurts so many people.

Poor Grandma. She doesn't deserve the pain that I'm sure she's going through. Grandma's an absolute saint! She attends church every Sunday. She donates a lot. She's so kind and caring to everyone she meets. And I know she loves Grandpa very much.

I should probably call her, make sure everything's alright.

Love,

Alison