Thursday, January 12th, 2012

6:24 pm

Dear Diary,

Life is good. Nothing too dang awful to complain about.

Fluffy has been following me around all day. I think that's just because Poppa's in Nashville. He'll be back tonight, but I'll be watching my shows.

It snowed today. It's the first snowfall all winter. I'd say we got a good three inches. That's the only thing I like about winter-snow. It makes the emptiness of life more elegant. The coldness of it more bearable.

Tell me, old friend, am I a likable person? I certainly don't think so. I'm not exceptionally nice or charitable. I'm actually quite mean and sarcastic and occasionally grumpy. Yet I feel as if people crowd around me-want to be my friend.

The nicest thing I've done was feed Rebecca a snack everyday (which I'm still doing) and give her a milk at lunch (but that's because I can't drink milk and she didn't have anything).

Grandma told me how proud Grandpa would've been to hear about how I give Rebecca food. She said how he hated for anyone to go hungry.

Mom doesn't know I feed Re-beckie a snack. I don't tell her. I don't know why. It's not like I'm doing anything wrong, right? Would she get upset to hear that I give Rebecca a small portion of my lunch everyday?

Rebecca's truly had such a hard life. Child Services took her away from her parents for child neglect, but luckily her sister adopted her and her little brother, Gary. And her sister also has to support her own daughter.

I guess that's why I do it. Rebecca barely ever has anything for lunch, too.

I should just get a little bag and stuff it with food just for Rebecca. (But then Bailey would want something, too, wouldn't she?) I'll do it at the end of the year. Then I'll tell Rebecca that if she ever gets hungry to just give me a call and we'll drive over with some food for her and her brother and sisters. :) It'd probably be more a joke than anything.

I really wish Rebecca and Bailey could come over one of these days. I should really start looking at the calender to pick out a date.

Love,

Aly

6:51 pm