173.

1 year later

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear rosie, happy birthday to you!"

ross carries over a small cake for rosie to play with, but has to blow her candles out first.

stormie and rydel, help keep rosie's hands down as she's wailing them around to smash the cake with the burning candles.

"blow them out princess, then you can eat as much as you want!" ross chuckles.

"go sweetie. i'll blow them with you." i say softly. rosie attempts to blow out her birthday candles, and with my blow they were out. we all cheered and clapped for rosie and she began giggling, mumbling who knows what.

"i can't believe she's one already." ross says, wrapping his arms around me. i smile turning around to face him, "i can't either."

"we sure made her beautiful though, didn't we?" he asks.

"indeed we did." i smile, booping his nose with some vanilla frosting.

after hours of us talking, and celebrating rosie's birthday, it was indeed time for everyone to head home so that ross and i could attempt to get rosie to sleep, even though she's on a sugar rush.

"i think it's bed time, don't you?" i ask giggling, rosie looked up at me and began to run away wobbily.

"not so fast there, cutie. i think you need to listen to mommy and go to sleep now. the birthday girl needs some rest." ross grins, snatching rosie up into his arms.

rosie frowns and wraps her tiny arms around ross' neck. "dada."

"you want dada to take you to bed?" ross asks frowning, "what about mama?"

"yeah, mommy wanted to tuck you in." i frown, reaching out to take her from ross' arms.

she sticks out her bottom lip and stays attached to ross, not wanting me to take her to bed tonight. ross shrugs, and i sigh. "whatever will help her sleep." i whisper.

ross looks at rosie and smiles. "wanna give mama a hug and kiss before sleepy time?"

rosie nods, pecking me on the cheek and hugging me tightly. "love you sweetie."

"wuv woo." rosie responds tiredly.

ross takes rosie upstairs while i continue to finish washing the left over dishes.

a few minutes later, ross comes downstairs with a huge yawn before turning off the sink and grabbing me by the waist. "don't worry about that tonight. let's go to sleep now. she's out like a light."

"okay, let's go." i smile.

ross checks the time and his eyes widen. "it's not her birthday anymore. it's 1:00am."

i frown, "our baby girl is officially one and it's not a dream."

ross chuckles, leading me upstairs into our bedroom. "go in, i'll meet you in there. i'm just gonna brush my teeth."

i nod, tiredly opening the doors to our master bedroom. my eyes suddenly shoot open, when i see bouquets of roses around the room with the lights dim, and candles lit. as i walk closer towards the bed, i see there's some form of writing on it.

i turn around and look for ross, but he wasn't anywhere in sight

i turn around and look for ross, but he wasn't anywhere in sight. i inch closer towards the bed and see what the rose petals say, before feeling my heart drop down to my toes.

"laura marie marano?"

i cover my mouth with my hands as tears immediately pour from my eyes. i turn around at the sound of ross' voice, and see him down on one knee with the most gorgeous ring in the tiny box in his hands.

"from the first day that i met you, i knew i wanted to be with you forever. from the moment we laughed together, i knew i didn't wanna share you with anyone else. being with you for these past two years, have brought me nothing but joy and faith. you're the strongest, most intelligent and hardworking woman i know. your smile can instantly turn anyone's day into a positive direction. you're presence alone, makes me realize just how powerful love is because even when we're sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing, i'm so incredibly happy, knowing you're right there next to me. you have given me something so special that i would want from no other woman, and that is our child. you have blessed me with so much, and i only wish i could give you the world and more. you mean so much to me, and i promise to prove that to you everyday. i love you so much, it's impossible to put into words."

i was sobbing at this point, staring at the man that i love proposing to me.

"and now, i just want to know if you, laura marie marano. would do the honour, and marry me?" ross asks, tears slipping from his eyes as well.

i collapsed onto my knees and wrapped my arms around him tightly, before wiping his tears away. "y-yes ross, of course i'll marry you. i love you so much!"