forty-four.

| laura's pov |

"what's going on?" i ask, leaning my head on my ross' shoulder. "with the whole driving era? what about the band?"

ross and i were at his apartment, just relaxing. we were taking things slow, we were cuddled on the couch with moulin rogue playing in the background, i could tell he was upset about something, and i couldn't let that slide.

ross sighs heavily. "the band isn't over, and it actually upsets me that my fans are thinking that's whats happening, but with rydel and ellington living together, we think ellington is going to propose soon. riker is seriously settling down with savannah, everyone just seems so busy doing day to day normal things. they all kind of lost their inspiration in creating music. i don't know. so, it's mainly just rocky and i and now, but they're planning to be involved in the new experiment."

i run my fingers along ross' forearm as he speaks. "and how are you feeling about that?"

he shrugs. "i mean, it was bound to happen. i knew we wouldn't be eighty years old, still touring and performing on stage." he laughs, making me laugh with him.

"but," he sighs, "i didn't think everything would end so soon. i'm not saying it's over, it's just that—"

"everyone's sort of growing apart musically?" i ask.

he nods. "exactly."

i snuggle up against him, "don't worry, ross. maybe they just need a break, you know? you're r5. the most popular band in california." i comfort him. "there's no way, that can end. your music brings happiness to so many people, and your siblings know that."

ross nods. "thanks, laura." he presses his lips against my temple before wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"so what's the deal with your new single, preacher man?" i ask.

he wiggles his eyebrows. "i'm not sure, rocky and i are going to release it soon."

i nod, "and tour?"

"we're going on tour next week." he frowns, "only for half a year though, and we're mainly touring north america."

"so i can't even fly down here to see you for six months?" i ask.

he shakes his head. "but we'll figure something out, don't worry."

he leans down to press his lips against mine. i wrap my arms around his neck, enjoying the feeling of his soft lips on mine. our lips move in sync, creating a sense of passion and lust. his tongue teased my bottom lip, asking for permission. i open my mouth and we begin making out on his couch.

he rolls on top of me, keeping his lips on mine. our tongues slide against each other's, as our lips detach and meet at different angles.

just then, a knock appears on ross' door. ross groans as he pulls himself off of me, i feel myself blushing as i quickly sit up, and try to fix my hair. his lips were slightly red and puffy, and he quickly opened the front door.

"mom?" ross wiggles his eyebrows. "courtney?"

"sorry, are we interrupting?" stormie asks, motioning towards me.

i shake my head, "of course not. it's so nice to see you, stormie." i give her a hug, and courtney coughs.

"what're you guys doing here?" ross asks, "do you guys want a drink?"

courtney gives him a polite smile. "yes, please. water?"

"coming up." he opens his fridge and begins pulling out water bottles for everyone.

"so laura, we know you're going back to new york tomorrow, so courtney and i decided to buy you some flowers, we're going to miss you." stormie smiles, softly.

"aweh, stormie. you shouldn't have." i wrap my arms around stormie and she squeezes me, tightly. i look at courtney who had rolled her eyes.

"thanks." i say dryly, taking the bouquet of flowers from her hands. orchids were my favourite, so i could tell stormie did some research.

i place the fragile flowers onto ross' counter, and sit next to stormie. "are you driving her to the airport, ross?"

ross nods, sighing sadly. "don't remind me."

i pout my lip, pulling out my arms for him to come and hug me. he wraps his arms around me, and holds me tight.

"we'll leave you two, alone for tonight." stormie smiles, "we hope to see you soon, laura. have a safe flight back home, tomorrow."

i hug stormie one last time. "thanks stormie. i'll miss you."

courtney flashes me a fake smile the second stormie looks up at her. "bye laura."

i wave, carelessly as ross hugs his mom and walks them out. he shuts the door, and yawns. "do you want to stay the night?"

i nod, "let me text andrew."

after i messed andrew and told him i'd be spending the night, ross and i cleaned up the popcorn and turned off the movie. we tiredly walked towards his bedroom. we tore down the sheets and snuggled each other. he pressed his lips against my forehead.

"i'm going to miss you so much." he sighs.

"i'm going to miss you too." i frown, kissing him softly.

"get some sleep." he yawns, wrapping his arm around me, pulling me closer towards him. "you have a long flight tomorrow and we have to wake up early."

i close my eyes, and there was a smile on my face as i fall asleep next to him.