102.

| ross' pov |

"no violet. sit!"

i woke up to the sound of laura, in the middle of training violet. i roll around in our bed, rubbing my eyes tiredly. i reach for my phone and check the time, it was eleven.

i scrunch my eyebrows together when i see that the warner bros studio had called me half hour ago. i sigh, calling them back.

"hey, ross! we're glad you called back." a familiar man's voice says through the phone, energetically.

"hey, sorry i'm just returning the call. what's up?" i ask.

"it's heath, and my partner kevin. the creators and casting producers of the show him and i. we just wanted to call you and say you've got the role!" he says, happily.

my lips curve into a smile. "thanks so much. that means a lot. when do i come in?"

"we're just making the phone calls now, giving out the good news. we won't start shooting until next month or so. so don't even worry about it yet, we've got lots to cover before we even start. we'll email you." heath tells me.

"oh alright. thanks for calling." i smile.

"have a great day!"

i hang up the phone, and rip the blankets off me, running into the living room to see laura in the kitchen. "babe! guess what!"

laura turns around, continuing to whisk the pancake batter in a bowl. "what?"

"i got the role!" i exclaim. "they called me!"

laura smiles, setting the bowl down to hug me. "congratulations, ross. i knew you'd get the part!"

"thanks baby." i grin, pressing my lips against hers. "have they called you?"

laura shakes her head, "but it's okay."

"i'm sure they will. he told me they just started calling the cast members to let them they know they got the job. so don't stress it." i assure her.

"thanks." she smiles softly. "i'm making breakfast. are you hungry?"

"when am i not?" i chuckle, bending down to pick up violet.

"i was thinking we could swing by your moms today. i want to talk to rocky." she sighs, pouring the pancake batter into a pan sitting on the stove.

"pardon?" i ask, confused.

"i want to clear it up with rocky." she sighs. "i want to tell him myself that i felt nothing."

i shrug. "alright then."

"and i don't want this to cause problems for you and rocky." she sighs, coming to sit on my lap. she wraps her arms around my neck and presses her lips against mine. "he's your brother."

"yeah, who tried to get with my girlfriend." i remind her.

laura rolls her eyes. "it was probably in the moment, ross. he hasn't tried anything ever since, i promise."

"fine. i'll talk to him too." i sigh.

after laura and i ate breakfast, we took violet on a walk around the block. we tidied up the apartment before leaving to visit my parents.

"hey dear. what are you two doing here?" my mom smiles, greeting laura in a hug before hugging me.

"we just came to visit." i tell her. "where's rocky?"

"upstairs." my mom responds. "do you guys want some tea?"

"i'll have some." laura smiles.

my mom pulls laura into the kitchen, starting conversation. i sigh, and walk up the stairs into rocky's room. he was the only one who lived with our parents still.

"rocky, open the door. it's me, ross." i sigh, knocking with my knuckles.

the door opens and rocky sighs. "what?"

"laura and i are here. to talk to you." i say, pushing past him into his bedroom.

"where is she?" he asks.

"downstairs with mom and dad. i wanted to talk to you first. i wanted to get some things straight." i sigh.

"go ahead." he rolls his eyes, tiredly.

"i'm not angry with you." i start off by saying, "and i'm not angry with laura. mainly because, you two never had a moment and she explained that to me. and secondly, because this has only happened once, and it sure as hell isn't going to happen again, right?"

rocky nods. "right."

"that's all i wanted to say, laura's here to tell you herself, that you two never had a moment, and she's never had feelings for you. but i'll let her explain herself." i sigh.

"look ross. i understand where you're coming from, and i know you're still angry. the truth is, i was just jealous and i liked her first. i always used to dm laura, okay?" rocky admits, embarrassingly. "she never responded to me, and when you came to us saying she was the one you were talking to, i got angry."

"you liked laura first?" i ask.

rocky nods. "i knew about her long before you did. i would dm her paragraphs everyday and she never saw them, so when i had the opportunity, i went for it. but she rejected me ross. i know we didn't have a moment together, but i just didn't want to believe it."

i sigh, feeling bad for how i behaved earlier. "i'm sorry buddy, you never said anything before. i wasn't aware of any of this, and i'm sure laura never ignored you on purpose."

rocky shakes his head. "you don't have to be the one apologizing, i should've never even tried to kiss her. i shouldn't of done that to you, so i'm sorry, ross."

i pull rocky in for a hug, "don't worry about it bro, it's already behind us."