eighty-five.

| ross' pov |

"mom!" i grab mine and laura's luggage out of the taxi, as laura runs into her moms arms. i grin, looking at her family members.

she greets her dad next, and then engulfs a brunette who looks similar to her, in a hug as well.

i'm struggling to carry all of our suitcases so one laura's cousins come to help me out. "thanks man."

"mom, dad. this is my boyfriend, ross. ross, this is my mom ellen, and my dad, damiano." laura exclaims, grabbing my arm as i set the luggage down.

"it's so nice to finally meet you, mrs. and mr. marano." i greet them with a handshake.

"it's so nice to meet you, laura's said so much about you, ross." ellen grins.

"hopefully good things." i chuckle.

we all shuffle into her nonna's house, and damiano helps me carry the luggage upstairs. "so, how long have you been with my daughter?"

"about eight months." i smile.

damiano smiles. "that's good to hear. i don't want any broken hearts, you got it?"

i nod vigorously. "of course, sir."

we approach everyone back downstairs and laura drags me into the group of people she was surrounded with. "ross, this is my sister vanessa, and my nonna and nonno."

i greet vanessa with a hug. "it's so nice to meet you. you can definitely tell you two are sisters." i chuckle.

vanessa smiles. "same goes. we get that a lot."

i smile at laura's grandparents, aware that they don't speak english. her nonna pinches my cheeks as she speaks. "che bel ragazzo, mi piace laura."

i look over at laura, confused.

"she said you're handsome, and she likes you." laura translates with a soft chuckle.

"grazie nonna, mi piace anche lui." laura answers. her italian accent was so effortless. it was so amusing.

"what'd you say?" i ask.

"i said thanks, i like him too." she chuckles.

i press my lips against her forehead and she smiles. "and this is my aunt rosa, and my uncle antonio, and my three cousins, valentina, angelo and lucy."

"it's so nice meet you all." i smile softly at them. valentina seemed to be older than laura and i, angelo looked around the same age, but lucy was certainly younger.

"i can't believe i'm actually in italy." laura chuckles, "i haven't been here since i was eleven."

"it must be cool, everyone and everything here is your nationality." i smile widely.

"i want to show you around tomorrow." i smile.

"you guys should get to bed. it's so late and you're probably jet lagged." ellen sighs, "did dad show you your room?"

laura nods. "okay. we'll start a new fresh, day tomorrow. goodnight everyone."

"goodnight!" i call out.

laura and i tiredly walk up the stairs, and enter the bedroom we'll be sleeping in. laura shuts the door and smiles around her. "this use to be my moms room."

"actually?"

she nods. "crazy isn't it?"

i strip down into my pyjamas and jump into the bed beside her. "yeah. your family seems so nice."

"they are. i really want to show you around tomorrow, there are so many shops and interesting things to see. i want you to get the full experience." laura smiles.

"i can't wait." i grin, pressing my lips against hers. "goodnight. i love you."

"i love you too." she whispers.