101.

| ross' pov |

"that was weird." i wiggle my eyebrows, handing rocky his phone back.

"what?" rocky asks, curiously.

"laura, she answered and told you to stop calling her?" i tell him. "what's that about?"

rocky sighs. "listen bro, i don't know how else to say this but, i've been trying to contact her."

"why?" i ask, suddenly confused.

"remember a couple months ago?" rocky asks, scratching the back of his neck. "when you guys fought, and i followed her to the beach where you found us?"

i felt my fists clenching because i had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. "mhm."

"we had a moment, okay?" rocky sighs.

"excuse me?" i chuckle angrily, trying not to believe him. "a fucking moment?"

"she was crying, and she was hurt. i was comforting her, and then one thing led to another and we almost kissed." rocky confesses, nervously.

"what the fuck, rocky?" i yell, lividly. pushing him back with my hands.

"why are you mad at me?" rocky asks, "you should be mad at laura for not telling you!"

"i'll deal with laura on my way!" i bellow. "but you're my brother! who the fuck does that to family?"

"what's going on out here?" my mom asks, hurriedly rushing out the back door.

"ask your fucking son!" i roll my eyes, grabbing violet into my arms. i ignore my mom shouting my name and storm into my car, speeding home, angrily.

i pick up violet and walk up the apartment stairs. my blood was boiling and i felt my ears fuming with anger, i shove my key into the lock and walk in. "laura?"

"ross, you're back! i was just heating up dinner—"

"why the fuck didn't you tell me?" i ask, angrily.

"t-tell you what?" she stutters.

"that you were going to kiss my fucking brother!" i yell. i watch violet tuck herself away in her bed near the couch, and laura sighs, rubbing her forehead with her hand.

"ross let me explain. it wasn't like that." she sighs.

"please do before i go back there and kick rocky's ass!" i growl.

"that night when we fought, rocky followed me to the beach." laura explains, "it's true, he comforted me and we talked, but then, we looked at each other and he leaned in, ross. he was going to kiss me!"

"he said you two were having a moment!" i flare my nostrils.

"that's what he thinks it was!" laura exclaims. "but it wasn't a moment, ross. i swear, i felt nothing. i told him i couldn't kiss him, and then you showed up. i told him it was nothing, but he hasn't left me alone."

"and you didn't tell me?" i ask, "why wouldn't you tell me!"

"because of this!" she says, motioning at my behaviour. "besides ross, it meant nothing to me, we didn't even kiss so it didn't matter."

i tug at my hair and shake my head. "i'm going to shower. feed violet."

i walk past her, and sigh, ignoring her as she calls my name. i was relived that they didn't kiss, but why did rocky say they had a moment? and why didn't laura tell me when it happened? if i did that to her, she'd be so angry.

i got into the shower, and let the warm water erase my thoughts. i got out and brushed my teeth, and saw that all the lights were turned off. i was about to go into the bedroom, but then i heard laura.. singing.

"ooo..
planets align
suddenly i'm alive
eyes full of stars
guide me to where you are

pinch me if I'm asleep
cause this feels like it's a dream

we're like two in a million
can't even begin to find
where i found you
what are the chances
that there'd be this magic when we touch?
we've got something special
in another level
like it's just me and you in the room
because something so brilliant
is meant for just two in a million"

i sigh, clapping slowly.

laura jumps and spins her head around. "you scared me."

"are you working on this?" i ask, bluntly.

laura sighs and nods. "ross, can you please understand where i was coming from? i'm sorry for not telling you, but it wasn't to hurt you."

i sigh, "yeah. it's whatever."

she wiggles her eyebrows. "no it isn't."

"i just need some time, okay?" i ask.

laura nods. resting her head on my shoulder.

"how was your audition?" i ask.

"i don't want to talk about that right now." she sighs, wrapping her arms around me.

i wrap my arms around her as well, resting my chin on her head.

"i love you." she whispers.

"i love you too." i whisper back.