twenty-seven.

| ross' pov |

"rocky, take my fucking jacket off." i holler, "i need it for tonight."

"why?" he groans. "riker's wearing my leather one."

i sigh, reaching for my other black leather jacket, laying on the couch. "fine."

"guys, we're on in an hour. is everyone ready?" riker asks, tuning his guitar.

i nod, unplugging my phone from the charger, i dm laura and ask her if she's here already, she tells me she's at her friends house, getting ready for the concert. i smile while replying.

"what's the smile for?" i look up at kassidy and playfully roll my eyes.

"is laura coming to the concert?" she asks.

i nod, "yeah, i'm actually nervous to perform. and i'm never nervous."

"hey, don't worry." she chuckles, "you got this. she's gonna love it."

"thanks." i smile.

"i have to go, but i thought i'd stop off before the concert to wish you luck." she wraps her arms around my neck and i thank her again, hugging her back.

she hurries off for her brothers graduation and i see courtney walking towards me from the corner of my eye.

"ross, can we talk?" she asks, nervously.

i sigh, "i have to get ready courtney, i don't have tim—"

"i-i wanted to apologize." she stutters. "please?"

i set my phone aside and sigh. motioning for her to speak.

"i-i was rude, and i was wrong. i shouldn't of been so selfish, saying that your relationship with someone who lives far away wouldn't work because ours didn't. you were right, we did fight a lot and i'm sorry for trying to change the reality of it. i'm sorry for interfering, i just want you to be happy ross." she says, softly.

i smile at her words. "thanks courtney. that means a lot, i'm really glad you're still sticking around. i think we were just meant to be friends, and that doesn't mean i'm not here for you."

"thank you, ross. i know you'll kill it tonight, and i'm sure she's going to love watching a rockstar like you perform." she engulfs me in a warm hug and i'm happy that she understands where i'm coming from.

"would you mind doing me a favour?" i ask, she nods vigorously. "can you please give this to tom, he's the guard at the front of the door who lets the fans in with tickets. this is laura's VIP pass, just give it to him and say it's for laura marano."

she smiles, taking the pass from my hand. "of course."