125.

| ross' pov |
three days later...

"come on bro, you don't want to come to the pub with us again?" will asks, he was playing as my best friend in the show. i shake my head, staring at my phone, waiting for her name to pop up.

"it might take your mind off things?" abigail suggests.

i sigh heavily, "i said no."

"alright guys, come on." harvey sighs. i bounce my leg up and down, nervously.

"fuck it."

i reach for my phone, and message laura. it's been three days since we argued, and she hasn't messaged me once. i chose to facetime her. my heart races when it says 'connecting'

her face appears on the screen, and i can tell she's relieved.

"wow. it's nice to see your face again." i mumble, completely thrown off by her beauty.

"yours too." she whispers.

"what's going on with us? why haven't we messaged each other?" i ask, suddenly feeling a pit in my stomach.

she shakes her head. "i've seen the news articles ross, you're busy."

"i'm not busy when it comes to you. i know it sucks that we're so far apart, but we've done it before and we can do it again." i say, encouragingly.

"that's not my point." laura sighs. "you've been busy with, abigail."

i roll my eyes. "laura, are you kidding me?"

laura then freaks out. "no, ross! i'm not fucking kidding. i see you two on my feed every day. i just had an interview the other day and they asked me how i felt, and i almost started crying. i haven't talked to you for a solid two days because i think you don't care anymore."

i scrunch my eyebrows together angrily. "laura, of course i care. i was waiting to see if you'd put the effort in first but you never did."

"you're the one who said you'd message me later, and you never did." she says, bitterly.

"because i've been busy laura, i'm an actor. i have table reads, i have to film scenes for hours. i'm trying to make as much time for you as possible, but i can't split myself into two different people." i sigh, feeling overwhelmed.

"i'm not asking that of you, ross. i just want to talk to you at least once a day, i just want you to remind me that you're thinking of me because you never leave my mind. how do i know what you're up to on the other side of the country with your love interest." she says, softly, whispering the last part.

"laura, are you jealous?" i ask.

"the pictures on the magazines look pretty friendly to me." she snaps.

"laura, our roles on tv are boyfriend and girlfriend, how can we act like that if we don't even know each other. we hangout so much because we're trying to get comfortable around each other." i explain.

"i understand that, but put yourself in my position, you'd worry too." she says, sighing.

"worry about what?" i ask, curiously. "i'm not cheating on you!"

"i didn't say that!" laura defends herself.

"but you're assuming that." i say with annoyance. "laura, you need to understand that these type of things are what i have to do."

"stop saying that!" laura groans, "i know that, ross! but it still worries me. that girl is gorgeous and you have to kiss her twenty times a day. i don't like it. i'm sorry!"

"what do you want me to do, laura? quit my fucking job because you can't accept what i have to do?" i ask, lividly.

"no, ross. i'm scared the acting will turn into something real." laura admits.

"laura, don't you trust me at all?" i ask, sadly.

"yes," she pauses. "but—"

"no, there are no but's. it's a simple question, laura. i trust you, i would support you. how do i know you're not hooking up with someone in l.a in my own god damn apartment? how do i know you aren't catching feelings for someone else?" i ask, angrily.

laura sighs, rubbing her forehead with her hand. "ross, don't talk stupid."

"it isn't stupid. laura, it's how i feel too, but i choose to trust you, and you can't even trust me." i say.

"i don't know what you want me to say, ross!" she exclaims.

"if there's no trust in this relationship, then what the fuck are we doing?" i ask.

laura's eyes widen, and her mouth slowly opens. "i-i don't know."

i look out my balcony view, and shake my head. "i have to go."

before she was able to say anything else, i ended the call. i was hurt, and i felt stupid.

how could she not trust me?

i understand where she's coming from, i do. but when i tell her that i wouldn't ever do that to her, and when i know i'm not interested in anyone else but her, it bothers me.

i hear my phone buzzing, but i ignore her call. i don't even know what just happened, i don't even know what we are anymore.