166.

| laura's pov |

"this food is so good, rydel." i grin, licking my lips as i eat a fork full of her homemade mashed potatoes.

ellington and her just told us about their news which is that they're finally starting a music label together as a duo. which is great because now ross and rocky are becoming successful by themselves, ellington and rydel are starting on their own, which just leaves riker but it's fine because riker only wants to focus on savannah and ricky for right now.

"thanks for coming over guys." ellington smiles widely. "is there anything you guys would like to share?"

stormie wipes her mouth with a napkin before speaking. "mark and i are flying out to florida next weekend."

"really? that's awesome mom." rocky chuckles. "thanks for inviting your kids."

"oh stop it, son." mark laughs. "your mom and i are meeting an old couple there that we were friends with back before riker was even born."

"we hope you have a good time." i smile.

"laura and i are buying a house." ross blurts out with a cheeky grin.

"what! no way?" ryland exclaims. "you're finally getting out of that apartment?"

"shut up ry. you're only so excited because i told you once i move out, you can have it." ross laughs, rolling his eyes.

ryland chuckles as he nods. "but seriously, where?"

"just a few blocks away from moms house." ross shrugs.

"i told them to move close so that i can see my grand baby often." stormie chuckles. "it's a gorgeous home."

"mom knew about this?" rocky raises his eyebrow.

"and i didn't?" mark asks jokingly.

we all burst into laughter, and i swallow down a piece of meat. "we just needed some help and wanted everything set before we told you guys."

"can we see the house?" rydel asks excitedly. "do you have any pictures?"

ross slides his phone out of from his wallet and swipes through his photos before holding it up and handing it to rydel, who gasped.

"this. is. beautiful." rydel says while she zooms in. "you guys are so lucky."

she hands ross his phone back and it's being passed around to everyone. i excuse myself from the dining area to get more pasta from rydel's kitchen.

as i'm walking towards the kitchen, i hear riker yell. "laura, i think you spilt your water."

i look down and see a trail of small water droplets below me, as i feel a slow trickle of fluid run down my pant leg. "um, my water broke."

"what? are you serious?" ross jumps from his seat and looks down at the water around me. avoiding it, he touches my stomach and looks me in the eyes.

just then, i felt a sharp pain and my knees buckled. "oh yeah. it's time!"

"oh my god. let's get her to the hospital. i'll start up your car, ross." riker panics.

"breathe, laura. it's gonna be alright. i know it hurts!" vanni says softly, blowing in my face.

"ross, stop standing around! collect our things!" i yell, startling him. "ow!"

ross struggles to leave my side as he grabs my purse. we decided to leave our baby's first outfit in the car at all times, so everything we need when i'm in labour is in the car already. vanni and ross help me walk outside and get into the car.