forty-nine.

we're all just going to imagine RAURA okay? 👆🏼

| ross' pov |

"ross, cheer up man. the fans are gonna know you're miserable." kassidy frowns, rubbing my back softly.

"she didn't even answer, kass. what if she wants to break up with me? did i say the wrong thing?" i ask.

kassidy shakes her head. "your feelings aren't wrong. if she really loves you ross, she'll understand. it's difficult for the both of you, but that shouldn't tear you guys apart. i know if she could be here right now, she would."

i sigh, "i know. but why didn't she answer?"

"maybe she's busy." kassidy shrugs. "don't stress yourself out and start overthinking."

i roll my eyes. "too late."

kassidy's phone begins to vibrate and she widens her eyes. "once second, excuse me." she walks out of the room in a hurry, almost eager to answer the call.

i fumble with the guitar pick in my hand, thinking about laura. i haven't stopped, i'm worried and anxious, every single time i see a phone light up, my heart drops, and every time mine dings, my stomach turns.

there was a knock on my dressing room door, i sigh when i tell them to walk in.

"you in the mood for some good news?" i roll my eyes when my mom walks in.

"if it has nothing to do with laura, then no." i tell her.

"don't be such a bummer. you know she'd be by your side every second if she could." my mom lectures me. "but it's good news, about your career."

i wiggle my eyebrows, "what is it?"

"apparently, you haven't been opening your emails." she sighs, "so the writers of abc's new show, him and i, offered you a part. they want you to go audition next month."

"seriously? abc?" i gasp.

she nods, "isn't that great?"

i smile widely. "yeah, that's sick. i'd definitely take the opportunity."

"alright, i'll email them back." she smiles.

"ross come on, we're on stage in two!" rydel shouts. i jump up from the couch, and hurriedly rush out of my dressing room, joining the rest of my band as they run on stage.

the crowd was wild, cheering us on the minute we stepped foot on stage. "hey r5 family, how's everyone doing tonight?"

the cheers and screams increased, i smile at the fans all here for us. i just want to make them happy.

"wait!" the light, repositions itself from us, onto kassidy rushing down the aisle. "she's here!"

i look over at her, and room fills with even more cheers. "this is like a movie!" rydel gushes.

i see laura and immediately my heart begins to beat faster, an uncontrollable smile curves onto my lips, "oh my gosh!"

i walk off the side of the stage and hop down, she was smiling just as much as i was, she wraps her arms around my neck and presses her lips against mine, which couldn't feel any more electrifying.

she buries her face in my chest, from the embarrassment of fans yelling 'aweh' in the back.

i jokingly turn around and wave my arm around, shooing them to look away as laura laughs and ellington and riker defend is.

"turn off the phones, privacy people!" riker says into his microphone.

i turn back to laura and engulf her in a hug, lifting her feet off the ground. she was pale, and she was thinner. but god, i missed her.

"i can't believe you're actually here. i missed you so much." i say in shock.

she chuckles, "i missed you too, i took the first flight. kassidy helped me plan it, i needed to see you."

i look at kassidy who was smirking behind me, i mouth her a thank you, and turn back to laura. "you're so thin, baby. why?"

she pulls me away, so that now we were backstage alone.

"i don't know." she shrugs, uncomfortably. "i went too far."

"you starved yourself. do you know how unhealthy that is?" i ask her.

she nods. "i don't know ross. my boss has been seeing comments lately, about me being fat and gaining weight. she wanted me to lose some weight or she'd fire me, i guess it all just got to my head and i started to believe it."

i cup her cheeks into my hands. "don't you ever, change yourself for other people, and don't you ever let what those stupid fucking people say, get to you. you are so beautiful, you're beautiful today, you were beautiful yesterday, and you'll be beautiful tomorrow. but don't starve yourself, you need to eat laura. and if your boss has a fucking problem with that, she can talk to me about it."

laura's eyes were tearing up as i spoke and she began to sniffle. "i love you."

to hear her to say it in person, made me realize just how much i genuinely do care about her. i hug her tightly, allowing her to cry in my chest. i wanted to glue all of her broken pieces back together.
"i love you too."