sixty-nine.

| laura's pov |

"i know you're friends with her and all, but it's frustrating." i huff. rydel noticed i was upset, and called me down to her bunk. ellington was playing fortnite with ryland so i was able to lay down with her while ross was still asleep.

"are you jealous?" rydel asks.

"it's not necessarily jealously." i tell her, "i just know how courtney is. like when i first met ross, she lied and told the security guard that the VIP pass was for her, not me. if it wasn't for kassidy, ross and i would've never met because of her. i know she doesn't want me to be with ross, i know what she's doing."

"i understand." rydel sighs, "i would be angry if ellington's ex, kelly posted a photo of them too. it must be frustrating, why don't you just talk to her about it?"

"talk to who about what?" ross yawns. rydel and i jump when we hear his voice, he finally woke up.

"your girlfriend is a little upset with your ex-girlfriend right now." rydel chuckles, kicking me out of her bunk. i roll my eyes when she tells us to have alone time.

"what happened?" ross asks.

"nothing, i'm just annoyed. did you see what she posted?" i ask.

ross wiggles his eyebrows. "yeah. what's the big deal?"

i was taken back by his answer. "huh?"

"she asked me if she could post it, so i said sure. it's just a photo, laura." ross chuckles.

"and it was also just a twenty minute phone call last night." i retort. "why doesn't she leave you alone?"

ross pours himself a glass of water and furrows his eyebrows at me. "she isn't doing anything wrong?"

"she asked you to meet up with her and grab coffee when you go to australia next week." i hiss, "she's not stupid, ross. she knows what she's doing."

"but i said no." ross says back harshly, "i don't know why you'd be so angry even if i did. we're just friends now, she fully supports us. trust me."

"i'm a girl. i know how they wok." i laugh, "i know she doesn't support us one bit."

"you don't have to be so negative when it comes to her. i understand you're jealous, but it's not like i'm hanging out with her everyday, liking every single one of her posts and calling her twenty times a minute." ross says.

i cross my arms over my chest. "you don't see where i'm coming from at all, do you?"

"i just don't see what she's doing wrong." ross shrugs.

"whatever." i roll my eyes.

"why are you being a bitch about it?" ross snaps. "i don't think the attitude is necessary."

"i'm not being a bitch about it?" i bellow, "you're just stupid and can't see through your fake ex-girlfriend."

"i'm stupid because i'm not taking your side?" ross laughs. "okay, whatever laura."

"it's not about taking sides, ross." i scowl, "it's the truth. she posted that for attention. she posted that so all your little rourtney followers start getting their hopes up. i know nobody else's ex, who would do that. especially when they have someone new."

"laura, it's a fucking picture!" ross exclaims. "it really isn't a big deal. i can't believe you're actually getting mad at me, over this. i need air. this is bullshit."

ross stands up and walks past me, he grabs his hoodie and slips it on. his jaw was clenched with anger and he stormed off the bus.

our first fight, this was exactly what she wanted.

i collapse onto the couch, and bury my head in my hands. rydel peeks through her curtain and asks me if i'm okay.

"yeah. i just need some air." i tell her.