103.

| laura's pov |

"i miss you too." savannah sighs through skype.

"aren't you coming down to california any time soon?" i ask.

"yeah, two weeks." she grins.

ross collapses on top of me, shaking the laptop. "ross!"

"sav, wanna do us a favour?" he smirks.

"what is it, blondie?" she chuckles.

"wanna bring all of laura's clothes, and special belongings when you come?" he asks.

i shove ross' face away and sigh. "you don't have to do that, sav. ross is just being selfish!"

"no, i'm being considerate." ross pouts. "i'm saving you the money, and time, from flying here, all the way to new york, just to bring a few things here."

"guys!" savannah laughs. "i can do that if it's easier for you."

"would you actually, sav?" i ask, warmly.

"of course. message me everything you want and i'll pack it all in a suitcase for you." savannah tells me. "but you're going to have wait two weeks."

"that's fine!" i laugh. "thank you savannah. you're doing me a huge favour."

"that's what best friends are for." she smiles. "i better get going, my computers dying. love you!"

"love you!" i chuckle.

the skype call ends and ross smirks. "see that? now you don't have to leave me!"

"even if i was going to, it'd be there for a few days anyway." i roll my eyes, playfully.

"a few days too many. i'm getting used to living with you." ross says, draping his arm around my stomach.

i smile, running my fingers through his hair. "want to work on that song?"

ross nods. "sure."

we get out of bed and walk into the living room where ross had his huge piano. we take a seat, and i pull out my songbook slash journal.

i set it in front of us, and read the lyrics. "i was thinking we could make this a duet."

"really?" ross asks, smiling.

i nod, "help me with the next verse."

ross studies the lyrics i already have, and smiles, reaching for his guitar as he begins to sing.

"sparks start to fly
it's in the air tonight
light in the dark
holding me in your arms
pinch me if i'm asleep
cause this feels like it's a dream"

i smile, "that's beautiful."

i scribble down the lyrics, and suggest to repeat the chorus at this point.

by now, we were tossing around ideas, switching lyrics that we should both sing. we were laughing at how tired we were, but it was around four in the morning, and we managed to finish it.

"we did it!" ross exclaims. "we wrote a song!"

"a whole song!" i say, excitedly.

we engulf each other in a hug, before ross' eyes widen. "why don't we perform it tomorrow, in front of my family?"

"seriously?" i ask.

"i'll even call andre." ross grins.

"let's do it." i smile, widely.