Changed or Love Wipped

Start from the beginning

Everything okay?

Yeah, Order business.

Nothing to do with Haven?

Or kidnapping.

Or torture.

I'm insulted you would even ask. Of course, we're going to go drown a bunch of dogs and then start punching infants.

Ha ha ha so funny. Have fun.

See you soon.

I stared at that last line confused. What did he mean see you soon? Just as I was about to text him back what did he mean I heard a familiar barking at my door.

"HEY! YOU UP?" I heard Alaric's voice scream through the door.

I put my phone in my pocket and walked to the door swung it open I said, "Are you trying to see if I want to go to breakfast or are you looking for a 4 a.m. booty call?" I said picking up an overly excited Honey and leaning against the door. Alaric and I couldn't read each other's minds anymore. It disappeared just as quickly as it showed up.

"I'm a changed man. Dare I say, a better man," he said taking my arm as we walked downstairs to the cafeteria. The room was slightly empty with a few people spread about. In a couple hours, this place would to be in full swing.

"Changed or love whipped?" I said with a smile as Honey licked my face.

"Both. It's just so fucking surreal being around Cecilia," he said.

"I'm happy for you. So, no more Moonies?"

"Whoa, I said it was surreal not a dream. Moonies is the only place I can go and just be me. Every person I know goes there, and just because I'm interested in Cecilia, doesn't mean I'm going to cut off all female interactions."

"You're breaking hearts." I laughed. We walked to the cafeteria and I couldn't help but feel eyes on me. For the most part, my presence in The Brotherhood was no longer completely dumbfounding. Today I just felt eyes on me. I ignored it while Alaric and I went to get food going through the buffet style line, "Before I forget I need my book back."

"But Ajo and I are so attached," he said with a pout.

"Well, I need it," I need to go talk to Daniel and explain everything. I had asked around for him, but no one seems to know where he is.

"I guess so," he said exasperated.

"Thank you, you can have it back just as soon as I find Daniel," I said looking down at the empty tray of muffins. Speaking to myself I said, "Great way to start my morning," I said going for some fruit and coffee. Alaric and I went and sat down to eat. We settled into light conversation, mostly Alaric gushing about Cecilia.

If that's how Alaric was to Cecilia, I wonder if Damon thought about me as much as Alaric thought about Cecilia? Because if I didn't know Cecilia, by the way Alaric described her, I would think she was sent by the gods themselves to rule among men.

A boy behind me tapped me on my shoulder. I turned to face the baby-faced boy in front of me with shaggy brown hair and dark black eyes, "Would you like this? I mean if you want to?" He said holding out a muffin to me.

"Thanks for offering, but I don't want to take your food away," I said.

"Hey, you can have mine!" Another man shouted.

"Do you like fruit? I got fruit! It's good" Someone else shouted standing up from the back of the room. What?

"Did anyone ask you Lawrence?" Alaric said turning around to face him.